Sonic Series | nnP-39

Povvercrazy

DYS BE1806, 2s, 5x3x3 prop only coz I like 3 blades :)

I think your Bi-(tri)-plane should be something unique and special, how about DR1.... :p
Mainly because it saves me doing one :)

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Awesome! For those running the Mighty Mini size, do you plan to use your original pod?

Last edited:

T-Richard

I am in on this build. 2204 2300-kv emax 12 amp- plush. 610 3 cells, some 5g servos
and eventually 4cell 850 with a 5 inch prop when I feel up for it. I'm Leaning towards hard mounting motor or making a short mini pod and gluing it in

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Okay great. The Sonic Series will fit a MM pod but it has to be shimmed with poster board. I've designed a pod for the FunFighter set up and I'll design a pod for the MM setup the doesn't need to be shimmed.

How's that sound?

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Okay great. The Sonic Series will fit a MM pod but it has to be shimmed with poster board. I've designed a pod for the FunFighter set up and I'll design a pod for the MM setup the doesn't need to be shimmed.

How's that sound?

I need a new pod either way.
image.jpg

herk1

Trash Hauler emeritus
I tried to maiden the Mighty Mini MkIII with the MT2204 and there is just too much torque roll with the 60% version. I think I'm going to try it at 70%. I have to test it out in the Baby Baron yet too.

How much have you played around with the thrust angle? Have you seen for example the large amount of right thrust on some of the Funfighters? Pic of my Corsair attached. Even with the more-powerful-than-stock motor and larger-diameter prop that I put on it, there are no torque issues on this plane. She sails out straight and level from hand-launch, and gunning the power from slow speed has no nasty repercussions. In fact one of my favorite things to do with this plane is to come in low and slow, then point the nose straight up and give her full throttle -- because it shows off the crazy vertical acceleration capability.

Attachments

• Right_thrust1.jpg
    Right_thrust1.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 3

herk1

Trash Hauler emeritus
Who is currently planning to build a Sonic Series nnP-39?

I'd like to hear what setup you guys are going to run.

Motors that I have available in my motor bin right now that I might try out one or more of: the Wicked Jr. motor that I already linked to, original and HK replacement Funfighter motors (they're not the same BTW), the Aerodrive 2200 Kv that I linked to on the Funfighter thread, a larger "Wicked" motor also of 2200 Kv, and a Scorpion 2215-1860.

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
3s Funfighter electronics for me. What are you using for a motor mount for the funfighter motors? Might have to break out the calipers.

Ace13

I completely gave up on the skewers for mine because i had no way to reinforce the holes. I just put a popsicle stick above the hole and drilled servo skrews in there. The long ones��.

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
I'd love to build these designs, but I'm a little scared of them. ~so fast~ ^w^

Dont worry about the speed. There will be a small mod in the plans that you can add so you can use the minis power setup up. So you can make it a slow parkflyer or a speed demon. Itll be your choice