SP0NZ - Plans Index

Admanbeek

Is there any way you could make a 60% edge titled or a bushwacker it would be greatly appreciated i have been trying with no success thanks

popof12

I will be posting them shortly...
Hi SPONZ, we who build owe you a huge debt of gratitude for the plans you do.
I am confused - went to your recent post here https://www.flitetest.com/articles/printing-flite-test-plans about printing plans, and was relieved to read your knowledge that many of us use A4 and not Ansi A letter size paper to print. When I went to the FT Legacy plan download page, my choices were these: 1547437953774.png and I cannot understand which file I need. (I want to print tiled A4) Can someone help me please?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hi SPONZ, we who build owe you a huge debt of gratitude for the plans you do.
I am confused - went to your recent post here https://www.flitetest.com/articles/printing-flite-test-plans about printing plans, and was relieved to read your knowledge that many of us use A4 and not Ansi A letter size paper to print. When I went to the FT Legacy plan download page, my choices were these: View attachment 121991 and I cannot understand which file I need. (I want to print tiled A4) Can someone help me please?

This info is toward the top of the first post in this thread. Hope this clears things up.

All-In-One: Includes Full-Size, A-Size, and B-Size plans in one file
Full-Size: 34 x 22 non-tiled plans (fits ANSI D and ISO A1, requires a large format plotter)
A-Size: 7.5 x 10.5 tiled plans (fits US letter and ISO A4, standard size home printer)
B-Size: 10.5 x 15 tiled plans (fits US Ledger and ISO A3, requires a larger format printer)
*If you still do not know what size you should print, use A-Size.

AIO : All-In-One
FS : Full-Size
TA : Tiled A-Size
TB : Tiled B-Size

popof12

This info is toward the top of the first post in this thread. Hope this clears things up.

All-In-One: Includes Full-Size, A-Size, and B-Size plans in one file
Full-Size: 34 x 22 non-tiled plans (fits ANSI D and ISO A1, requires a large format plotter)
A-Size: 7.5 x 10.5 tiled plans (fits US letter and ISO A4, standard size home printer)
B-Size: 10.5 x 15 tiled plans (fits US Ledger and ISO A3, requires a larger format printer)
*If you still do not know what size you should print, use A-Size.

AIO : All-In-One
FS : Full-Size
TA : Tiled A-Size
TB : Tiled B-Size

Thankyou!!! Sorry to take your time ... I just did not figure out the "AIO" and "FS" etc. I've got it now.

Obiewan

Sponz these are great and thank you for what you do. I’m vulturing for the new A10 plans. Do you have an ETA? Cant wait. Cheers!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Sponz these are great and thank you for what you do. I’m vulturing for the new A10 plans. Do you have an ETA? Cant wait. Cheers!

@Obiewan thank you for the kind words.

Keep circling for a little longer. I'm just getting started on the plans. This is by far the largest and most challenging plan set that I have worked on for Flite Test. It's going to take some time to get them complete. I'm pretty sure that someone at Flite Test already stated that it will release the last week of January. That gives me about 2 weeks to get them done. It's going to be tight to have them ready when the build video drops. But, that is always the goal.

1547615947306.png

This is what an 11 sheet foam kit looks like. She's a beast!

1547615902070.png

JTarmstr

Elite member
@Obiewan thank you for the kind words.

Keep circling for a little longer. I'm just getting started on the plans. This is by far the largest and most challenging plan set that I have worked on for Flite Test. It's going to take some time to get them complete. I'm pretty sure that someone at Flite Test already stated that it will release the last week of January. That gives me about 2 weeks to get them done. It's going to be tight to have them ready when the build video drops. But, that is always the goal.

View attachment 122116

This is what an 11 sheet foam kit looks like. She's a beast!

View attachment 122115

Well. know you have our support, thanks so much for your work on this.

Last edited:

Brett_N

So I guess that gives me the time I need to complete the 4x Bloody Wonder's I'm building for Air combat at the field, and the founders plane. Should be perfect timing :)

But Sponz - Any chance you can give us a hint as to what size the inner diameter of the engine nacelles for the A-10 are? Would rather do a twin 64mm or 70mm fan setup than props

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
So I guess that gives me the time I need to complete the 4x Bloody Wonder's I'm building for Air combat at the field, and the founders plane. Should be perfect timing :)

But Sponz - Any chance you can give us a hint as to what size the inner diameter of the engine nacelles for the A-10 are? Would rather do a twin 64mm or 70mm fan setup than props
I'm going to make a twin 50mm EDF if I get enough votes.

Jorge Pi

According to the pictures, I'm guessing the inner diameter of the nacelles would be around 5 to 6 inches.
They will easily fit up to 120mm EDFs or maybe "ducted" 3 blade 5" props, something like Ben Harber did with his B-52.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor

The ID of the plywood A-10 nacelles is approximately 5 inches, or 127 millimeters.

ColdCanuck

Build'em, Crash'em
I have been looking over and comparing the Cub, Scout and Storch plans. Have noticed that latest model plans incorporate a fuselage doubler which stiffens the front fuselage and allows for easier alignment of the power pod . May be a good idea in future revisions to existing models i.e. Storch to also add this feature.
You may want to take this one step further and add a doubler above the power pod which would result in even better alignment of the power pod and would allow the power pod to slide in and out like a drawer. The BBQ skewers would still to be used to secure everything in place. Some food for thought!