SP0NZ - Plans Index

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
We GREATLY appreciate it, Dan. Only niggling "complaint" (and it's more on me than anything else) is not looking at the notations for some of the parts and realizing that I need to make duplicates of some of the parts. For example, the Mighty Mini Corsair shows that i need to make additional spars, as well as additional triangles to hold the wing jigs up. I tend to cut out the parts and then watch the video on how to put it together, and that's when i realize I need to make extra parts with some of the scrap foamboard I have laying around. Not a big deal, just means i need to be a little more observant.

Yeah some of the older plans I was only putting one of each part in the plans. Changed that a while ago, but there are still a few of those earlier plans that were done that way.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Any chance we might be able to get the plans for the old STEM chuck gliders? Our club was buying them to give out at Maker Faires and at Model Aviation Day (neither of which happened this year due to COVID, unfortunately) but it looks like they are no longer being sold through the stores, which is a bummer. We found it to be invaluable at hooking kids (and their parents) because they saw that a plane could look like more than the simple rubber band powered balsa things, and actually look like a Spitfire, or a Viggen, or the F-22.

I'll be honest, we spent the money on the boxes of pre-cuts because it was a LOT easier to deal with than having to cut each and every one of them out by hand, but if FT doesn't want them to go out, I get it...

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Any chance we might be able to get the plans for the old STEM chuck gliders? Our club was buying them to give out at Maker Faires and at Model Aviation Day (neither of which happened this year due to COVID, unfortunately) but it looks like they are no longer being sold through the stores, which is a bummer. We found it to be invaluable at hooking kids (and their parents) because they saw that a plane could look like more than the simple rubber band powered balsa things, and actually look like a Spitfire, or a Viggen, or the F-22.

I'll be honest, we spent the money on the boxes of pre-cuts because it was a LOT easier to deal with than having to cut each and every one of them out by hand, but if FT doesn't want them to go out, I get it...
In the past they did not want to release free plans for the STEM stuff due to licensing with the STEM program. If they are no longer selling them to STEM, they may be open to releasing plans for them. If FT approves it, I will make the plans. You should contact FT to request that.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
In the past they did not want to release free plans for the STEM stuff due to licensing with the STEM program. If they are no longer selling them to STEM, they may be open to releasing plans for them. If FT approves it, I will make the plans. You should contact FT to request that.

Will do! :) I didn't mind buying them, because they worked really well for the kids, but if I can't buy them...:)

Edit: Never mind - they put them back up in the FTStem store! Honestly, kinda glad - those things are a LOT easier to just "nick" the pre-cut stuff and then glue them together than having to try and cut them all out.

Last edited:

Abdul Bari

hi guys I need some advice... can a ms spitfire, and corsair run on a 2217 1400kv(or 1200kv?) motor? spinning a 1045 prop?
Oh wow i have the exact same setup if your plane weighs less than 900 grams with a 3s battery it will fly great and/or less than 1200 grams with a 4s it will fly scale