Spektrum Buddy Boxing: Explain it to me like im 5

landedit

Hey all, I've recently been wanting to help some coworkers get off the ground by buddy boxing with them. However, I can't seem to get it figured out. It is a simple process but I've tried too many things that don't work and now I'm very confused.
We all have Spektrum DX6 or DX6e radios.

Please help.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Hmm, I'm not sure it can be simplified that easily... but if you watch how it's used here:

http://flitetest.com/articles/boy-scouts-group-flying-tips

Think about this basic setup (which should be applicable to any RC system that's compatible):

* Both TX should be programmed to fly the same model with the same channel maps, rates, expos, etc.
* Bind one of them with the model, this is your "master" or primary TX.
* Either connect the other TX via a buddybox wire (typically a 3.5mm jack mono audio cable) or via a wireless setup, where you bind the second TX to the "master" or primary TX. This is the slave or secondary TX.
* Usually, the master/primary has to be programmed to enable the slave functionality, either by a switch or button. Likewise, the slave/secondary has to be connected or setup as the slave. With a wired setup on my Spektrum DX6i, you turn on the master/primary TX, and keep the slave/secondary turned off. Connect the mono cable to both, and the slave/secondary will turn on and will be the slave. Command control is given to the slave usually with a momentary switch, that needs to be enabled in configuration menu. With a wireless buddybox system, the slave the bounded to the master/primary unit, so it will always be the slave (in that model memory).

Hope that helps. You can try search the internet for your model TX for youtube videos on setting it up. I'm sure they are out there.

landedit

Hmm, I'm not sure it can be simplified that easily... but if you watch how it's used here:

http://flitetest.com/articles/boy-scouts-group-flying-tips

Think about this basic setup (which should be applicable to any RC system that's compatible):

* Both TX should be programmed to fly the same model with the same channel maps, rates, expos, etc.
* Bind one of them with the model, this is your "master" or primary TX.
* Either connect the other TX via a buddybox wire (typically a 3.5mm jack mono audio cable) or via a wireless setup, where you bind the second TX to the "master" or primary TX. This is the slave or secondary TX.
* Usually, the master/primary has to be programmed to enable the slave functionality, either by a switch or button. Likewise, the slave/secondary has to be connected or setup as the slave. With a wired setup on my Spektrum DX6i, you turn on the master/primary TX, and keep the slave/secondary turned off. Connect the mono cable to both, and the slave/secondary will turn on and will be the slave. Command control is given to the slave usually with a momentary switch, that needs to be enabled in configuration menu. With a wireless buddybox system, the slave the bounded to the master/primary unit, so it will always be the slave (in that model memory).

Hope that helps. You can try search the internet for your model TX for youtube videos on setting it up. I'm sure they are out there.

That helps :) Thanks!!