Spektrum DX4e To PC?

I have a Spektrum DX4e. Is it possible to link it to my computer and play simulators with the transmitter? And if I do this, will the transmitter unbind to my rc plane?

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Yes.

No, but any settings you change in the radio to make the PC happy (I think Trim is it for the 4e) will have to be changed before you fly again.

Now "How" for the first question is a bit more involved. You'll need a 3.5mm mono audio cable, an unused microphone port on your PC and a driver to convert the mic signal into a gamepad control. For the last item, I recommend SmartPropPlus. Not always easy to setup, and not all sims will play nice with a generic game controller (which SPP simulates), but I've had success with it in past.

Good luck, and let us know if you hit any snags you need a hand with.

Yes.

No, but any settings you change in the radio to make the PC happy (I think Trim is it for the 4e) will have to be changed before you fly again.

Now "How" for the first question is a bit more involved. You'll need a 3.5mm mono audio cable, an unused microphone port on your PC and a driver to convert the mic signal into a gamepad control. For the last item, I recommend SmartPropPlus. Not always easy to setup, and not all sims will play nice with a generic game controller (which SPP simulates), but I've had success with it in past.

Good luck, and let us know if you hit any snags you need a hand with.

ah yes! thanks a lot! I'll give it a try

EDIT: yes it works great! again, thanks a lot!

Last edited: