'SPIT' roasted FB

bracesport

Legendary member
@buzzbomb - it would be interesting to try the turnigy with the 8x6 - I am running this 1000kv with 8x6

232CE056-173E-4517-985D-A3624F1DC4F1.png
4BE2227D-736E-446D-82F3-7B20C7807E94.png

Last edited:

Jimun

Elite member
Spoiler :). Yeah it's up just been playing around with my DGA-6 build so didn't find time to write up about it :). But since you are subscribed to my channel you got to know about it before every one else :). So with a lot of honor I present to you my maiden, enjoy :).

Great maiden Mayan.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Thanks for the kind words. Everything is together but the installation of the electronics. Only the wing servos are fitted. Spinner/prop are dummies for the pics. I have a 3 blade set on order. Going to try to maiden next Saturday. Thanks for the inspiration in getting this build done. It was starting to lag and this thread really perked up my enthusiasm! Thanks! Here are some current shots of my Battle of Britain FT Spitfire for your viewing pleasure.
BOBFTSpit1.jpg

BOBFTSpit2.jpg

BOBFTSpit3.jpg

BOBFTSpit4.jpg

BOBFTSpit5.jpg

BOBFTSpit6.jpg

Rasterize

Mentor
@bracesport - Honestly they are never that good. I want to eventually add some gera to this. I did have the forethought to add the traditional paint stir sticks to the inside of the wing before sealing it up. I did design some "wheel well" insert graphics that will cover the default "wheels up" graphics when I add the gear.
Wheel well inserts.jpg

Rasterize

Mentor
@ bracesport - lol Yes on the Flying Tiger P40. That was actually my friend Jason on the sticks. He was trying to make close passes and got a little to close. :oops: Already fixed and back in the air. Took her out today in fact.

What I like about the skins is I can just print another one anytime I like. If that was an airbrusher job or hand painted I would cry. lol

Tripod hit.jpg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Thanks for the kind words. Everything is together but the installation of the electronics. Only the wing servos are fitted. Spinner/prop are dummies for the pics. I have a 3 blade set on order. Going to try to maiden next Saturday. Thanks for the inspiration in getting this build done. It was starting to lag and this thread really perked up my enthusiasm! Thanks! Here are some current shots of my Battle of Britain FT Spitfire for your viewing pleasure.
View attachment 141898
View attachment 141899
View attachment 141900
View attachment 141901
View attachment 141902
View attachment 141903
Nice details, you got the mirror on the top of the canopy. Looking sharp buddy

kilroy07

Legendary member
View attachment 141898
View attachment 141899
View attachment 141900
View attachment 141901
View attachment 141902
View attachment 141903
Glad you joined us, that’s a SWEET looking plane you ended up with!

I’ve got paint sticks in mine too, but it’s only in the default FT position which I’m not sure I’d be happy with.
We’ve only got a grass strip anyway....

👍 for the triblade prop, that will be the icing on a very tasty looking cake.

Curious, do you pull the paper then apply the skin? Last year I tried skinning, I found it more difficult than I imagined to get it without wrinkles. But your skins just might make me try it again.

Looking forward to your maiden.

basslord1124

Master member
Nice flight @sundown57 ... yeah ending was a little rough. I know I've done that before. Did it get much damage?

Since getting my glue gun replacement, I'm back in business to resume my plane building extravaganza. Hoping to get some more done to the Spitfire this week. :)

BS projects inc.

Elite member
something very strange happened to me, the plane turns to the right and on the second attempt it has died
I will build it again without gun glue and with white foam that weighs less to see if it is under 860gr
Should we give an angle of thrust?

View attachment 141821
If you had a thrust angle on it you probably shouldn't have. Thrust angles should be very very light, half of my scratch builds that fly great don't even have them. Hope your rebuild goes well!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Today's progress, more hacking up of the spitfire. To get the canopy in the right place I needed to remove more of the rear turtle deck and also took the opportunity to reshape it to a more triangular profile.
IMG_20190909_180816415.jpg IMG_20190909_180824251.jpg
Then extended the removable hatch to suppory the canopy. Bit more shaping and it will look pretty good.
Now I need to create a firewall and head cushion, top of seat, pilot, gunsight......I think I have made a rod for my own back :) :)
IMG_20190909_180847144.jpg IMG_20190909_180914072.jpg
Pictures of the lite ply re-reinforcements and the battery hatch.
IMG_20190909_180954218.jpg IMG_20190909_180935337.jpg