• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help! Starting a new build, what does the community want!?!?!

Which one seems most interesting to you?

• Sopwith Pup (F-Pack)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • P-38 lightning (Twin C-Pack)

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Some sort of water plane for the F-pack

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • me-109 (C-pack)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • DR-1 triplane (C-pack)

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • FT-long easy (C-pack)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flying lawn-mower (C-Pack)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BS projects inc.

So I have about three years of experience with autodesk inventor and for the last few months I have been constructing some of my own designs that have worked out very well. I have never released a set of plans for one because I don't somebody to download an incomplete set of plans and have a bad experience but now I am at the point where I feel confident enough to completely finish a set of plans and release them! The only issue is, I have no clue what you guys want so I figured the best way to find out was to just ask you. So I am officially asking you, what kind of planes would you guys like?!?! I have built most of the planes in the poll before I just never digitized them. I only own C and F pack power systems but I would order some A and B pack motors if you really want a plane that size

Gazoo

So I have about three years of experience with autodesk inventor and for the last few months I have been constructing some of my own designs that have worked out very well. I have never released a set of plans for one because I don't somebody to download an incomplete set of plans and have a bad experience but now I am at the point where I feel confident enough to completely finish a set of plans and release them! The only issue is, I have no clue what you guys want so I figured the best way to find out was to just ask you. So I am officially asking you, what kind of planes would you guys like?!?! I have built most of the planes in the poll before I just never digitized them. I only own C and F pack power systems but I would order some A and B pack motors if you really want a plane that size
Ever thought of a Cirrus SR22 or the like? I don't think I have ever seen one done before. Lots of complicated geometry though. :unsure:

Gazoo

A little over four years ago. I wonder where it stands.

I will not hijack your thread anymore...sorry. I do look forward to see what you come up with. Good luck!

Okay so after about two weeks of trying to design a dehavilland beaver I have made one observation, the devahilland beaver is REALLY hard to create with dtfb. It has a very small wing chord which does not scale down well at all and if I make it large enough to produce the required lift then it looks way out of proportion. However, I did say that the first one I create will be an F-pack water plane and I fully intend on doing this so I am now designing a Cessna 150 on floats. until then if you really want to see a great water plane for the F-pack look at the AP Kwak...link below.

would you do an edf? english electric lightning, panavia tornado, typhoon none of these have ever been made from foamboard.
hmmm... probably not. I don't have too much experience designing jets, I love flying them I just never build any. However I do plan on making an rc V-1 rocket out of dtfb at some point.