Hamdhan

The Expert Newbie
Hi guys,

I have been using cellophane tape for my fomies but it aint doing much good, which tape sticks best on foam? Where can I get it? (any online sites selling it with international shipping?)

omer921

The Trees Are My Hangar
Basically I use hot glue when i'm sticking foam to foam together but I try to watch out because too much can be disastrous to your CG (center of gravity). I also use foam safe CA and accelerator to repair cracks on the wing. To stick electronics (esc, servos, receiver) to foam I use servo tape or double sided tape. I like servo tape better because it holds way better than double sided tape.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
I am using "standard" cheapest packing tape (thin version).
First - clean the surface with alcohol.
Second - tape the area with the packing tape and remove the packing tape to get all removable dust and dirt.
Third - apply the final tape and press (massage) all taped areas with a finger nail or the end of a credit card so that the tape glue gets clear and not "foggy".

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I am using "standard" cheapest packing tape (thin version).
First - clean the surface with alcohol.
Second - tape the area with the packing tape and remove the packing tape to get all removable dust and dirt.
Third - apply the final tape and press (massage) all taped areas with a finger nail or the end of a credit card so that the tape glue gets clear and not "foggy".

Very good tips! Yet you should get the good quality tape, because there are some tapes that don't even stick well on paper!