Suggestions for r/c electric fixed wing aircraft

dwp

Hello Flite Test members!!

I use to be in r/c several years when 72 mhz radios were the only choice. I'm getting back into r/c flying electric airplanes. I use to .30-.80 , and four stroke size gas planes using Futaba, ACE and JR radios. I also flew sailplanes in competition.

At the time, my skill level was between advanced and pro. I had mostly airplanes from built kits. I'm looking primarily for arf's with the best quality in looks and durability. I would at least for 5 channel's aircraft and up either in sport, or warbird, or electric sailplanes. My budget is open, but I want to make sure I get my money's worth in the aircraft.

I have no experience in the exciting world of "Electric flight." When I quit r/c flying, electric flight was a joke. All we had were big, heavy, nicd battery's.

I would like to get your suggestions and comments for the best ARF electric fixed wing aircraft that you think would fit my skill level and room to grow into, and won't break the bank.

Your help would be greatly appreciated! I'm really excited about getting back into R/C!

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Scratch building can be a lot more rewarding. If you can build it, you can fix it. Worst case scenario, you can build another one. I know your skill is far beyond it, but you can still have a lot of fun with the FT Flyer or my One Sheet Trainer. Either can be build in an afternoon for a few dollars and both take the same electronics.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I've been seeing quite a few of the FMS WWII warbirds out at the club field lately. Their 1400mm airframes are very scale and the audio add-ons are surprisingly effective. Not the cheapest planes on the block, but not too expensive either. Surprisingly good value for what they are, and winning over a few of the die-hard gassers to think maybe there might just be something to this electic mumbo-jumbo ;)

*NOT* a beginner plane, but even if you're rusty, you're past that.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
You want quality and to get back to business fast.
Try Sebart, Precision aerobatics, or extremeflight.
They are all good and if you start with a 30-size it will give you a lot without to much start up problems.

As for gliders, the AVA-E comes in a lot of sizes.