Take 2

Heinrich

Teaching my son
Greetings!,
When I was in high school, I built my first plane, a Goldberg Eagle 2. My family was not into this hobby but were supportive. I was very passionate about that plane and getting it of the ground. Ultimately, I only flew the plane twice because I was too scared to crash after creating this beautiful thing. I later flew gliders and they were really easy to fly on the farms in NC. It helped that I had a friend who also wanted to fly his glider. I enjoyed that a lot but then life happened and 16 yrs later, my 3.5 yr old son and I are getting back into it. I am slowly teaching him to fly and we are building the FT mini scout together! We also have a Champ (aka 'Mr. Yellow') and a Timber (aka 'Darth Vader').

Regards,
Matias 'Heinrich'

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Welcome to the forums and back to the hobby. Glad to hear it is a father son ordeal. This is a great place to share the memories you will make. These DTFB planes make learning much more carefree and less stressful (foam is cheap).

The Eagle 2 was my first successful sport trainer type of plane. My father and I buried too many Eagle's, Kadets, and the like, to count. We took a step back and taught ourselves to stay in the air with the Dynaflite Butterfly. Once we could fly, then on to the Eagle 2. Good times.

Again, welcome.

Gatormurica

Let the force be with you! I have crashed a lot myself. Don't let that get ya down. There is a FREE pc flight simulator that has helped me gain some confidence on the sticks. It goes by the name of RC Desk Pilot. Also the Eagletree stabilizer has helped me as well. Have fun out there.