• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

testing motor direction

i made a pun jet with the motor salvaged from a puller.
so obviously forgot to change motor direction.

somehow my mind went blank .. thought "ey why not change the direction from my transmitter!!"
so i did ... and by doing so i actually changed my throttle from 0 to 100% !!!!!!!!!

and then the carnage started .. as the pun jet was laying on my table with the motor facing my arm !!!

Merv

I agree with @mrjdstewart, what you did was reverse the throttle, that is changed the Tx stick position where 100% & 0% are.

To reverse the spin of the motor, you need to swap any 2 of the 3 wires connecting the ESC & motor.

Best practice, remote prop or unplug before making any changes to throttle or motor

cdfigueredo

i made a pun jet with the motor salvaged from a puller.
so obviously forgot to change motor direction.

somehow my mind went blank .. thought "ey why not change the direction from my transmitter!!"
so i did ... and by doing so i actually changed my throttle from 0 to 100% !!!!!!!!!

and then the carnage started .. as the pun jet was laying on my table with the motor facing my arm !!!
I did the same with my first motor. No plane, just holding the motor with my hand, a big motor. When I switched the throttle Chanel from 0 to 100%. Lucky the motor jumped out of my hand breaking the prop and launching a blade to the wall at really really high speed.
No injury but almost a heart attack.

Merv

WARNING - Some Tx & ECS combos need reversed throttle, some don't.

NEVER attach a prop until you have tested what your setup is needing.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
For anything I do other then cleaning my quads If I am in the house and doing anything the props are off. Powered or not. Keeping that habit makes it less likely I will forget and power up with props as old as I am getting with senility setting in and all. It only takes a few seconds to put em back on when I am ready to fly.