Thanks to the Flite Test team and all of the forum members that make this possible

Gazoo

I never really introduced myself I guess. I'll try not to write a novel.

I started taking flying lessons in 1987 when I was 15 years old (Cessna 152). You do the math on my age. I made it to solo on my 16th birthday and ran out of money.

FFWD to 1990. Joined the Marines and was a Flight Equipment tech in an AV8B Harrier squadron for 5 years (a flight equipment tech takes care of all stuff that pops out of the airplane when the pilot pulls the yellow "oh crap!" handle).

1995, moved to beautiful Green Bay, WI. Took a few flying lessons here and there but still no money.

FFWD to 2015. Finally enough money to put the hammer down and completed my PPL last year.

Meanwhile...my nephew had a Super Cub 3 channel that he was begging me to give a try. Finally I broke down and flew it. Next day I ordered an Apprentice S15e. We went to the local flying club and zipped around and that's where I saw it...a Bloody Wonder with a "blue wonder" motor. The dude said he built it with plans that he got from Flite Test.

From that point on, I have been hooked on foam board. My first was a scratch built Mini-Sportster with a B-pack that lasted for about 15 seconds! Mistakes have been made and lessons learned. I have built about 30 FT planes so far (estimated). I currently have 12 planes flyable in my hanger right now.

After being a little long winded, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to the Flite Test Team and all of the forum members! You have provided me with an awesome experience in this hobby that could be very costly and frustrating. My experience has been neither of those. It has been fun and rewarding...and cheap!

Thank you all,
Gazoo

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I don't recall anyone doing a scratchbuilt AV8. That would be a challenge for sure with all the moving parts. Have you seen it or considered it?

Thanks for posting a mini bio Gazoo and certainly, thank you for your service.
—Jim