The CarbonFlite project

Nonamerc

Arman
Update!
So we have our first sponsor AltitudeHobbies.com will be supplying us with servo leads, escs, becs, and camera mount! Also, t-shirts are for sale at www.Carbonflite.spreadshirt.com

Thanks again Flitetest, if I send some shirts to you guys, will you were them in an episode?

Also, I have my FPV setup. I'm not going to go into detail, but I am using 433ghz for the plane tx and 2.4ghz at 800mw with clover leaf, skew planar, and helical antennas.

Also, I email FLIR systems about possibly getting a thermal imaging camera for night flying.
And my dad is going to set up a 501c non-profit so that people can get tax write-offs

Hi Carbon,

Which 433 MHz system are you buying. I advice that you buy EZuhf since it has spectrum analyser and that you can choose on which frequency you want to operate. Just buy an ezosd with antennatracker and use a 2.4 GHz yagi and you are ready.

PaulT

Mentor
Congrats on your sponsor!
Bought the shirt!!!!
Just doing my part to keep you out of the malls and getting in trouble. Lol
Great looking t shirts.

Nonamerc

Arman
Yea thats great!!!! I think that for the antenna advice you can ask ibcrazy.

On the website you say 433 GHz. That should be changed to 433 MHz.
Also some people such as ed from experimental airlines have a problem with the rth function from the nova ods. Maybe ask rangevideo if they want to sponsor you!
Also do you know which UHF system you are going to use? EZuhf?

Last edited:

PaulT

Mentor
Glad to hear that you are getting quality advise and sponsors for your project.
This has obviously got some real potential for search and rescue as another tool they can use.
I have the good fortune of having antenaes made by Alex. He's also a wealth of knowledge based on actual experience, as opposed to "googlers"experience.
This will be fun watching your project mature.

Nonamerc

Arman

Carbon

Elemental Madness
Is that the module or an EZUHF?
To Paul:
I will keep you guys updated on the project. I hope that I can learn and anyone new to FPV can learn with me.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
He was sooo helpful. I mean, there are very few people left that will take 3 hours out of there time to explain everything you need to know to be successful. If you ever get the chance to talk to him, take it! He explained everything! And for all of you who havn't watched his videos, remember; keep it simple. He explained that I don't need antenna tracking and diversity controlling and extra batteries and complex OSDs and RTH. Also, to do a little bit of advertising, everyone knows that Bluebeam antennas are the best. Use them! Just go to videoaerialsystems.com and check out what he is selling, it is the best you can buy!

Nonamerc

Arman
Or in the words of Dave W, use them, or your wife will leave you and you'll die alone!

Hahah

No RTH -> Crash your plane -> Tell your wife -> Wife mad because you crashed an 400 dollar plane -> you sad -> she mad -> She dumps you.

I think that dave is right...

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
That's so awesome! I wish I had that kind of talent to persuade :p

Tip: Use a separate audio recorder that you can keep close to yourself all the time.