The Coffee Shop - For general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
hey guys just a question how good are the turnigy radios?
specifically the TGY9X.
Have just found a second hand one in great condition.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
the 2218 is the measurements of the motor (how big it is)
- The first two numbers represent the diameter of the motor's housing in millimeters;
- The second two numbers represent the length of the motor housing in millimeters
- the volumn determined here plays a big part in the max power you can run through the motor, all else equal.

the 1180kv is the expected rotation speed per volt of input (the ESC uses PWM to modulate the voltage to give different speeds)
- I believe this is ideal/no load speeds, actual speeds will varry - for example, plugging an A pack motor in to a thrust calculator says it will generate more static thrust (by the KV measurements) then it actually does - at least with the props I tested (IE the recommended 6x3). However it is possible that the motor's speed will speed up with air speed, meaning your thrust drop off will be slower then predicted.
please note here that some manufacteres specify the dimensions by the internal stator(windings inside the motor) and some by the actual size of the actual motor as you see it, if the dimensions are internal then more power if the dimensions are external then less power

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I would avoid hobbyking for radios and receivers. They don't have the greatest range. For your scenario the radiomaster tx16 would fit the bill
hmmm... yea but 2x the price.... oh well i'll just have to save up some more mula, and then buy the tx18 no 16's for me im already 16,:ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.