The Coffee Shop - For general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Between calving heifers, snow storms, and now and engine project, 🙄
20220430_154227.jpg
I couldn't do a fun event even if there was one within a thousand miles of me! 😂

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Well, in my neck of the woods calling somone a farmer is an insult! 😂 we do the cowboy way out here! 😉

Trouble with cows is there aint a lot of money in it, at least not a big profit margin, especially when inflation takes off 🙄

But the prices at the stores...

Hondo76251

Legendary member
But the prices at the stores...
Right? 🤦‍♂️

That sure doesnt make it to my end of the business! 🤪

Figure a cow is about 1500, shes gonna have a calf you'll be glad to get 900 out of. Summer pasture is 35 a month (often much higher) and hay costs from about 100 to (like this year) 250 a ton. Now figure in labor, equipment, fencing, facilities, water, and depreciation on the cow (she only lives so long) not to mention death due to storms, sickness, and just dumb luck.

Heck of a business model to invest 2500 for a year and be glad to make 50 bucks with it 🤪
In fact, the "industry" average is about -2% and has been for a long time. This only works because most people have a second job to support their cow habit. lol

Last edited:

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
Right? 🤦‍♂️

That sure doesnt make it to my end of the business! 🤪

Figure a cow is about 1500, shes gonna have a calf you'll be glad to get 900 out of. Summer pasture is 35 a month (often much higher) and hay costs from about 100 to (like this year) 250 a ton. Now figure in labor, equipment, fencing, facilities, water, and depreciation on the cow (she only lives so long) not to mention death due to storms, sickness, and just dumb luck.

Heck of a business model to invest 2500 for a year and be glad to make 50 bucks with it 🤪
In fact, the "industry" average is about -2% and has been for a long time. This only works because most people have a second job to support their cow habit. lol
Ouch! But we would only get one for ourselves

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
In light of recent events and the negative connection that it may have to things that gave been posted here, I think we can let this thread be put to rest.

I'll encourage you guys to start up a new off topic chat thread. Let's keep the new one more Flite Test and family friendly. I gave a lot of leeway to what was posted in here and that clearly got abused.

Thanks guys, I'll see you in the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.