The FT Sportster seems to fly pretty well

d8veh

Elite member
I tried out the Sportster at the flying field today. It flew rather better than expected. Note the "control line" mode in the middle. All that with one aileron jammed down too. I'm going to be building a fleet of these. Who would need anything else!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
I fly mine all the time and it's so beat up I cant believe it flys. I wish I could hover like you!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I tried out the Sportster at the flying field today. It flew rather better than expected. Note the "control line" mode in the middle. All that with one aileron jammed down too. I'm going to be building a fleet of these. Who would need anything else!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
My flight simulator planes fly smooth too ;)

d8veh

Elite member
Just in case people don't realise, it's a bit of a joke. The Sportster is on Phoenix flight simulator. For some reason, it's very easy to fly there - nothing like real life. I bought this simulator for around $10, it'll work with any transmitter with a trainer port. It comes with everything you need to fly like that. You can find it on Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress and Banggood. Just search for "22 in 1 RC USB Flight Simulator".

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trifycore-...=1-2-spons&keywords=rc+flight+simulator&psc=1

Captain Video

My sons and I maidenned ours at FliteFest this year. We had a 2205 with a triblade and it jumped out our hand launch. The people around us we surprised how fast that bird was. It was a little tail heavy but flew pretty well.

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Dude, it looked real on my iPhone! You got me! I cant get the real thing to hover that good, too much flex on everything as mine has broken in half before...

d8veh

Elite member
You have to get one of those flight simulators. You can fly any plane you like for $10 (for all of them). Most of the other planes are extremely realistic in the way they fly and respond. Maybe the Sportster sim is realistic too. I'm building one now to find out.

Last edited:

JTarmstr

Elite member
It didnt get me, I almost commented nice flite sim ya got there but didnt because I didnt know if it was a joke or not. The telltale sign was how the sportster was always in the center of the frame.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I admit you had me for about a minute before I figured it out. I was even mentally composing a post and then was like "Hey. Wait a minute". Well played!