The Funbat

Eugene king

FUNBAT does fly slower - or your BAT it to heavy - or your DOG is to slow.
My BAT with 25 gram motor and 2 cell 350 mAh battery does the dogjob perfect - but not the bat in this picture.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9yUitkWsIA&feature=g-upl
The dog is normally much faster than the BAT - but he is cheating ;-)

I haven't built it yet. Was curious if anyone put the wing with a true airfoil on it. How stable is it in 15mph winds? I like flying 15ft off the deck so they think they have a chance.

Do you have any vid of you and your dog chasing the plane?

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Do you have any vid of you and your dog chasing the plane?
Been searching - my son was with me one day but only got some bad pics..
I normally exercise the dogs early weekend mornings and i am usually alone at the field those times ;-)
It is worth a video - to see the dog running like crazy starting gracious but ending more like a camel.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Has anyone ever tried putting the Bloody Wonders wing design on the funbat airframe?
That's basically already what the Bloody Wonder is, a Funbat airframe that has an airfoil wing design instead of the flat KF.
I haven't seen any side by side comparo's but my guess is that if the Bloody Wonder was built light, it should slow down very well...

Eugene king

I agree with everything your saying I just wasn't into building the swappable frame. Just wanted to try and graft Josh's airfoil wing onto it.

It was tough flying the champ in the 10mph winds for the dogs. Need to come up with a plan. I'm going to print out both sets of plans and see what I come up with.