The Most Offtopic Thread Ever in the History of Offtopic Threads

Should there be a challenge in this thread every once in a while?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tesseract

Master member
There are much better places to work than Scaled. Ask Waldo ( who in this case is a real person I know). Aeroenviroment comes to mind, not so political and more cutting edge with actual gevernment dollars to spend. Bunches of other places not out in the forsaken Mojave desert where the high point is Palmdale. Grumman northrup skunkworks was there, but I'm thinking everyone doing exotics is bailing on Cali. You'll need a respected engineering degree and be well socially connected, have one heck of a you tube following or a string of sucessful completed projects
Youtube... attempted. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. lol. ThoughI will take your advice.

tesseract

Master member
Uh does anyone know what kind of covering they use to cover the airframes (of homebuilts)? I am researching and I cant find what they use
OR I can use some t h i c c foam like Petersripol? idk really

tesseract

Master member
I got really bored today and yesterday so this is what I did. Took apart a Dell Insight n5010. I forgot to take pics of the final result, but later I'll get a control board for it so I can use it as an extra monitor.____________________________________________________________________________________Over here I have my other computer open so I know what the heck I'm doing!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Down here vvv
IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

2jujube7

What should I do with my puffed lipo?
Bomb drops. Just make sure that there's nothing flammable around. :D ;) Or, you could be a good citizen and find a lipo recycling place and leave it there. I live pretty close to a university and they have a lipo recycling box in their rec room lobby. Just make sure to leave it somewhere for a while or attach a lightbulb to it in order to drain it completely first.

tesseract

Master member
Is it just puffed or damaged? I have a few puffed lipos that I still use and they work fine.
Idk. I think its damaged or shorted because I charge it to full, and then try and use it with my plane, and it doesn't work, and then I check the charge and it says that it has no charge

tesseract

Master member
Bomb drops. Just make sure that there's nothing flammable around. :D;) Or, you could be a good citizen and find a lipo recycling place and leave it there. I live pretty close to a university and they have a lipo recycling box in their rec room lobby. Just make sure to leave it somewhere for a while or attach a lightbulb to it in order to drain it completely first.
Its my only lipo tho so no drop. Are there any other ways to expel it from my house?

Phin G

Elite member
Bomb drops. Just make sure that there's nothing flammable around. :D ;) Or, you could be a good citizen and find a lipo recycling place and leave it there. I live pretty close to a university and they have a lipo recycling box in their rec room lobby. Just make sure to leave it somewhere for a while or attach a lightbulb to it in order to drain it completely first.
Yes bomb drop. That should be a FT vid where they take old lipos and drop them. To bad that they crashed the stuka

2jujube7

Yes bomb drop. That should be a FT vid where they take old lipos and drop them. To bad that they crashed the stuka
Sounds kinda dangerous ngl. I bet a lot of people would try and repeat their drop, and there would be quite a few injuries/fires. I'd do it, but my flying field is a football field in the middle of a small city. :ROFLMAO:

Phin G

Elite member
Sounds kinda dangerous ngl. I bet a lot of people would try and repeat their drop, and there would be quite a few injuries/fires. I'd do it, but my flying field is a football field in the middle of a small city. :ROFLMAO:
Oh i wouldn't do it then but at my house there is an abandoned airport near soo