to many things to mention

dvx216

I don't think it should be this hard.With a more then a dozen attempts my Tiny Trainer with trainer wing and me cannot seem to come close to flying.i have checked CG all the flight surfaces and they are all level and operating properly .No matter what I try form the minute I toss no matter if it is full throttle it wants to head for the ground if you pull the stick back it will pull out but the minute you ease off the elevators even with full throttle it will not climb. This happen with either with an S2 or S3 battery.I'm using a 6X3 prop. The picture is the prop I'm using and it turns counter clock wish as viewed in the picture.

MrClean

Where is the cg on the plane? Sounds as if you are incredibly nose heavy. And what is all the black, blue stuff on top of the center of the wing. Can you give us a side view from a bit further away? Do you know how to balance the plane correctly? (this is not a smart but comment but a serious question, I've been surprised before by competent
pilots that have gotten lucky for 4 planes then had a problem plane.)

Last edited:

dvx216

The CG measures at 1 5/8 from the leading edge of the wing. In the picture it is on the CG. the black is a cockpit that is not on it when I fly it.

JDWells

It looks slight nose heavy like it should be. Also looks like the elevator isn't straight. Maybe that's it? I've never had a problem with mine. Hopefully you get it worked out cause it really is a good one.

AndyP57

From your photo it looks like the CG is around 75% back from the wing leading edge? It may be a photo effect but ignoring the inch measurements, the model should balance around 25 - 33% back from the leading edge and no further back.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
It may be an optical illusion but it also looks as though the elevator is set in a slightly down angle. I would check and make sure it is straight when the radio is powered and everything is in a neutral position. Its possible you may have not centered that correctly or somehow that has moved maybe after the first crash due to loose locking on the push rod clap and or a stripped out servo horn maybe.

BobK

Banned
if power up the ele. will be correct

I think I would move the CG a bit so it balances at 1.5" or so back from leading edge and give it a try just to see what happens. You say the elevator is centered when powered up so that isn't an issue, I assume you have enough power, but I feel it is just too heavy on the nose.

Don't move it a lot, just a little and try it.

ofiesens2

Professional noob
Do a glide test. Make sure all your control surfaces are neutral and just chuck it with no throttle. If it dives, then it is probably nose heavy.

dvx216

Do a glide test. Make sure all your control surfaces are neutral and just chuck it with no throttle. If it dives, then it is probably nose heavy.
Being new at this I was wondering if you could do that.Thank you for that information as so as it is not raining outside I will give it a toss.

Last edited:

dvx216

ok did the chuck test after checking CG .The plane lifted up in the air about 10 'high then heeled over and came in nose first at a 45 degree. Moving battery back but never got plane to come in level.Does this sound right.I have rebuilt fuselage and put the servos in the tail.Anyone in the Canton area that wants to get this noob in the air for longer then thirty seconds.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
In that picture, I can't see where your battery is. Do you have the battery mounted where you normally would fly with while on that CG stand?

Also, if you do a glide test, with the battery in and powered up, so that your elevator is even, and it climbs up (what angle?) sharply then noses over, it actually sounds like it might be tail heavy.

On a glide test, it should be like a frisbee/flying disc, or a paper airplane. Should just glide to a soft landing... maybe with a little up elevator (which is why I power it up so that I have elevator / rudder / etc control) to soften it more.

Last edited:

jamboree1

You are tail heavy, move the battery forward, toss plane from shoulder height at an even trajectory, plane should gently glide down with no nose up or tail down tendencies

dvx216

Ok the battery is in the normal place in the nose with ele. flat no matter how far back you push the 3S 800mah in to the plane with a slight up angle toss from the shoulder the plane climbs up up to ten feet then heel over and comes in nose hard lands roughly 15' away.With that said should I give it a little up elevator with the linkage adjustment at zero trim.If you think I'm nose heavy which by the chuck test shows this to be true the the CG is way wrong which measured back from the leading edge of the wing is 1 5/8" which is where the CG is in the picture on the stand with battery in the nose.

jamboree1

I think you might be confused in terminology, a nose heavy plane will dive down on a toss, a tail heavy plane will nose up sharply. it's been that with most of my FT planes are tail heavy from the get go, some even required adding nose weight.

dvx216

Nose heavy plane will be nose heavy in reference to CG no confusion there.My plane is acting like it is nose heavy when you toss it even though it sits just fine on a stand using the marked CG.The picture of it on the stand is how it is set up when I do the chuck test and it still comes in nose heavy no matter how far you shove the battery back into the plane.

dvx216

I'm almost to the point where I'm going to take a 25 minute drive and end up at HQs door step and ask them what the heck am I doing wrong.I have gone over every thing and can not come up with a reason why it is acting the way it is.