• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Transmitter suggestions for the new Quantum Cyclops FPV Goggles?

BobC.

Greetings Fellow RC enthusiasts,

Been flying small quadcopters for a couple of years and got interested in FPV especially seeing the price of the new Quantum Cyclops FPV Goggle set but have no idea what to use as a transmitter.

I currently fly the Syma X5C-1 and the UDI U818A-1: I looked for them here in connection to FPV but found no joy.

Thanks for any consideration,

Bob C.

Paul-H

Hi

I use one of these with mine without any issues

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-5-8...100924?hash=item5b2420003c:g:QxIAAOSwLs5XKN~e

if you look for the TS832s then you also get 40 channels, the one I use is 32.

Power output is something to look at though as 600mw is not legal everywhere although I doubt it is unforced until you get pulled for doing something else you shouldn't have been doing :cool:

I would recommend changing the supplied Antenna's with the AOMWAY antenna's, just double check which connector type you need, my setup needed one of each (Red & Blue) The Cyclops takes the blue one and the TX listed above needs the Red one, so check you eventual choice of TX .

Last edited:

Paul-H

There are two common connectors used in FPV gear RP-SMA & SMA, with AOMWAY producs the RP-SMA antennas are red and their SMA antennas are blue, but thats only for Aomway many make no visible differentiation

The Cylops take SMA the TX I listed is RP-SMA

I don't think these will work very well with your quads. They only have tiny 3.7v batteries which can only provide a max of 4.2 volts when fully charged, and that transmitter has a power input of 7.4-16v.

Also, you would need an FPV camera, and these quads really aren't mean for carrying anything else, as they already have a lot of weight on the tiny brushed motors but if you really want to I would recommend this which is a camera and a TX in a tiny package:
https://store.flitetest.com/hyperion-mini-600-tvl-camera-w-built-in-5-8ghz-25mw-vtx/

Looking at the Frequency charts, it looks like they have compatible frequencies but someone else should confirm that.