Transmitters with Telemetry - What are my options?

kah00na

Oooooo.... look what the mail man just dropped off! Awesome! Taranis and X8R! getfpv.com had the D4R-II in stock and shipped them quick! Now I just need to get all my 9X receivers replaced and get the telemetry configured!
taranis.jpg

Thanks everyone for your help!

kah00na

RSSI information will come out of the box for the Taranis and any telemetry receiver.

To get voltage information from the Naze32 into a D4R-II:
2. Connect the telemetry TX pin from the Naze32 to the RX pin on the side of the D4R-II

I'm pretty sure the point above is referring to Acro Naze32 pin #5 (NOT #8) in the attached picture. What about the "gnd" just below that Tx also in #5, do I need to connect that to the "GND" on the D4R-II also?

acronaze.jpg

kah00na

Cool, thanks. I'm going to try to figure this out and make a video for YouTube for the next poor guy that comes along looking for this info.

kah00na

Thanks everyone for your help! Here's a video for the next poor sucker... I mean person who wants to do this. I hope I covered the basics. I'm pretty sure it is all correct though because I've had a few flights using telemetry and... ahhhhh.... it is soooooo nice to be able to set alarms and know how strong or weak the signal strength is at any time.