• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tricopter Oscillation

stevevm

Junior Member
#1
I've built a 2.5(ish) tricopter with a kk2 board and initially after building it, it was flying well. Lately it has developed a problem where it will go into an oscillation from which it does not recover and then crashes. I had modified the self-level p.gain and p.limit from 65 to 85, but have reset them and it still has problems.

The oscillation seems to be triggered by the wind sometimes or when I push it a little harder than normal.

Is this a sign of something the might be damaged or misconfigured?
 

FlyingMonkey

Stuck in Sunny FL
Staff member
Admin
#2
The gyros need to be dialed back some. Or at least that's the answer I'd give if it was the pre-LCD screen KK Board. Not sure how they're working the KK2

Also, make sure that the board isn't receiving too much vibrations.
 

stevevm

Junior Member
#3
Thanks @FlyingMonkey, my kk2 was not secured very well at one end and i've also reset the kk2 to default settings and it is flying smoothly.

I guess the next step it to tune the parameters one at a time.
 

FlyingMonkey

Stuck in Sunny FL
Staff member
Admin
#4
Thanks @FlyingMonkey, my kk2 was not secured very well at one end and i've also reset the kk2 to default settings and it is flying smoothly.

I guess the next step it to tune the parameters one at a time.

That's the hardest thing!

I always want to try tweaking too many things at once.
 

IBeHoey

The Warranty Voider
#5
I had a problem similar to this awhile ago on an old KK board.

This problem stumped me for awhile but I ended up contributing it to being a bad choice of frame and motors. I had a 500 sized frame and was running some small 2200kv motors with 7x3.5 props. The frame was just too large for the props and motors and once it started to "death wobble", there was no pulling out of it. I came to this conclusion after swapping out the 2200kv motors for some 1300kv Blue Wonders swinging 9x4.7 props. Once I did this, the problem went away. :D