Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Guess I should start a build page ;)

IMG_9315.JPG

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Looks great Andre!
I see you went with the coffin body as well. Good choice, its way stronger.

I have a few small issues with mine at the moment.:rolleyes: If being unable to take off is a small issue...

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I was just reading that.

I was having issues with mine the other day. It worked in the evening before and then after I changed the servo settings it would yaw out of control.

I reset the board to factory and did a better job of balancing/levelling the craft for calibration.

That said before I flashed the esc or balanced the props I had to do a "forced" landing and killed my $20 servo.

Interesting thing I found. I have to run the right prop on the left motor and the left prop on the right motor...

multicopterfreak

where have these lines for the camera tray to be? I can't find the distance anywhere!

(The lines wich are needed to glue the little wood pieces on the big piece.)

Thanks for you're help!

(Sorry for incorrectness im a swiss guy and still in school :p)

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I was just reading that.

I was having issues with mine the other day. It worked in the evening before and then after I changed the servo settings it would yaw out of control.

I reset the board to factory and did a better job of balancing/levelling the craft for calibration.

That said before I flashed the esc or balanced the props I had to do a "forced" landing and killed my $20 servo.

Interesting thing I found. I have to run the right prop on the left motor and the left prop on the right motor...

Funny, I just use three standard props. Other than a slightly slower yaw it flies exactly the same as the ccw and cw props.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
The nice thing is you can flip the rear prop either way and just change the wires.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I just started rebuilding my tricopter from scratch. The only original components are the plates and bolts.

image.jpg

Andre: here is the amount of tilt I put on my yaw mechanism for 3 standard props.

image.jpg

EDIT: that looks like way more than I actually did. The angle is actually 6 degrees.

multicopterfreak

where have these lines for the camera tray to be? I can't find the distance anywhere!

(The lines wich are needed to glue the little wood pieces on the big piece.)

Thanks for you're help!

(Sorry for incorrectness im a swiss guy and still in school :p)

tom_pixel

Wooden Arms

David, on Positioning the wood arms , does the grain need to be Vertical or Horizonal?

Knowing wood, I would assume grain to be vertical

thanks .............te

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I've always used vertical, but my Tri has flown horribly for a while, so I don't know how much faith you should put in that...

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Well, I'm shelving the tricopter.

Today it was flying great for the first time in a while, with new vibration dampening on the FCB, but had a slightly aggressive P on auto level, so I lowered it 20% from 100 to 80.

Then, when I was doing simple patterns to get back in practice, I lost orientation, and hit AL. It kept going for about 2 sec, and had just started to level when she piled in. There isn't much left. I guess I lowered the gain to much, because it used to be very snappy in recovery.

Any way, all 3 booms broke, the frame cracked, the battery looked like a banana, and the motors were scattered all over. In a bit of irony, none of the props broke....:confused:

Still, as I am leaving for college in a week, I don't have time to order new parts, so I picked up a GWS Pico moth kit for my dorm instead, and will try to fix the tri around Christmas.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I'm getting some pretty low run times off the DT-750's on my tricopter.

Think I'm going to do some re-wiring and tests but I'm well into the sub 5min mark.