Tricopter

dezertdog

Which allows for finer control around the hover point of the craft. It's like expo for throttle.

It never occurred to me to not use a heli model, I was surprised to hear most people used plane mode. I think it's probably me being mainly a heli pilot and being comfortable with that Tx mode, whereas some of the heli features could be intimidating to a plane guy.

Nic

I want to disarm my KKboard, but when I plug my lipo, the red LED is flashing quickly and the board doens't want to disarm! What is wrong?

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I want to disarm my KKboard, but when I plug my lipo, the red LED is flashing quickly and the board doens't want to disarm! What is wrong?

Turn your transmitter on BEFORE you power up the board!

Thurmond

Nic

I've tried that too, but the same thing happen...that's why I'm a bit worried. Just before, I calibrated the throttle range, and from this point everything went wrong.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
I've had the BMS-385DMAX Digital Servo on order for weeks now with HK. Getting ready to cancel the entire order long with it. Does anyone know a great alternative to this?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I've had the BMS-385DMAX Digital Servo on order for weeks now with HK. Getting ready to cancel the entire order long with it. Does anyone know a great alternative to this?

I don't like that servo - mine stripped in a crash. I now use a standard size servo, it's bigger and a bit heavier but it hasn't broken after quite a few crashes. You won't be able to mount it the same way though.

Another good alternative is the MG-90 servo.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=9392&aff=524347

jamiedco

Prop Killer
thats true .
at firs i used a 2.5kgcm servo then a 2.2kgcm serco . both broke quickly . i checked on rcexplore and david uses a 4.2kgcm so i then bought that one coz it was the cheapest digital mg with high torque

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
thats true .
at firs i used a 2.5kgcm servo then a 2.2kgcm serco . both broke quickly . i checked on rcexplore and david uses a 4.2kgcm so i then bought that one coz it was the cheapest digital mg with high torque

When my BMS servo broke I took it apart - and one of the gears was nylon and had stripped. I hated that, as $20 is a lot for me. The servo I'm using now isn't even MG or digital.

jamiedco

Prop Killer
all metal gear servos have one nylon gear in them . the high end ones are replaceable . this saves the electronics if the servo is stalled and it allows that gear to strip . i used hxt900 gears in my small 9g size metal gear servos wen they stripped

Nic

Is it normal that I always need to trim (a lot) my tricopter on my transmitter because my yaw makes it drift to one side and my yaw gyro is set at 75% ?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Is it normal that I always need to trim (a lot) my tricopter on my transmitter because my yaw makes it drift to one side and my yaw gyro is set at 75% ?

If it's always doing that to the same side, maybe you should adjust the linkage itself? Are you using direct drive? Or a linkage?

jamiedco

Prop Killer
You can also use sub trims to try level it out aswell as if you have a kk2.0 you can trim it in there by adjusting the servo offset but i dont recommend that