Tricopter

Nic

The LED blinks juste one time when I turn it on, and the firmware is the Tricopter V2.5 XX control KR

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Oh, V2.5 uses a different configuration. Everyone I know, and David W too, use "V1.6 by KapteinKuk". This one is the one you program with the pots.

I use 1.6 if you want to know. I flashed my HK v2.1 KKboard using "kkMulticopter Flash Tool 0.53"

I think this will solve your issue.

Nic

What can I do if my front left motor (M1) has more input than my other motors? This motor is so effective that the tricopter is going to roll over if I try to fly.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
ESC endpoints for sure. If it's just a tiny bit more, then it's just your trims that need adjusting.

As for setting the ESC endpoints, you might have issues when using Spektrum receivers as they take a lot of time to bind.

This is how I did my ESC endpoint calibration:

Take off the props. Unplug M1 servo cable. Plug in the battery. 2 ESC's should arm, the unplugged one should not arm. Arm the board and raise throttle, motors 2 and three should spin up. Plug in M1, it should go beep beep, then turn throttle down, and it should arm. Unplug the battery.

Repeat the process for M2 and M3.

-----------

You might wonder why the yaw motor tilts to the side when you throttle up, this is normal and is to correct the torque from the props.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I just had this wild idea - why not put an extra motor over the center of the tricopter - mounted above the center plates so it gets prop wash clearance - and plug that motor into your receiver say like on the gear channel - so that you have an extra "NO2" shot of power when you need it, or for say lifting beers. Firmware would be the same, just have the extra channel on the RX instead of the board.

What do you think?

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
colorex Try it and tell us! ;)

O yea, you are short one motor already huh? That would require 2 more motors.

Thurmond

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
colorex Try it and tell us! ;)

O yea, you are short one motor already huh? That would require 2 more motors.

Thurmond

The interesting fact is that you can use a different motor for it - say I have three DT750's on it, and I could use my Park450 for the extra lift. There's lot's of ways you can make multicopters with multiples of the amount of motors that you control.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
In fact, you can use a big matrix of motors for lift, and use just the corner motors for stabilization.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I just got the following papers printed:

MR3-mk1t.x
MR3-mk1m.x
MR3-mk1b.x

Guess what that means?

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Sorry about that. I am grounded too. Not because of equipment but because of weather.

Thurmond