Turnigy 9x problems

sealein

Currently trying to map my controller on the openpilot GCS with the openpilot CC3D and I keep hitting a snag where It will either not register on of the sticks or the flight mode switch. I am really confused if this is a controller problem or a receiver problem. Any help would be great! And this morning the receiver stopped working altogether.

Last edited:

jipp

do you have your RX setup right, as plugged into the right channels? what RX are you using? it shows three protocols in the GCS. have you tried the other two.. not sure if that will help as im a noob and not sure what the protocols mean yet.. but that is where i would start i guess. double check my RX is connect to the FC correct. then id try the protocols. then i would get mad throw the TX at the wall, and ask for help here.. best to ask for help first, cheaper yeah. heh.

chris.

joshuabardwell

Mentor
Step one: go to the channel monitor screen on your 9x and confirm that the channels are outputting when you move the stick and flip the aux switch. I don't know exactly where this screen is on the stock 9x firmware--sorry. It'll be a screen that shows the current output value of the channels. If you have a problem with your mix configuration or something like that, this is where it will show up, since you will see that the transmitter is not sending the correct values.

But yeah, if your receiver died, then the problem is probably there.

jipp

what was the issue, so we can learn too.. in case someone else has the same problem.

chris.

sealein

So the issue was that one of the ports on the receiver was faulty and I had to figure out which one and then the second problem was that none of the accessory switches were outputting a signal from the controller so I had to go into the controller settings under "AUX - CH" and set "CH5" to "GEAR" so I would be able to utilize and accessory switch. Now I have a whole new problem woo!