Turnigy 9x usb cable not recognized.

Obtusemoose

Hey, I just bought a cable for my Turnigy 9x that is similar to https://goo.gl/JFuXfd but it isn't being recognized by my pc. I'm using DRL Simulator; could this be my problem? If so, what simulator can I use for quad racing that free? Any help is appreciated!!:D Thanks

jtrops

How did you determine that it isn't recognized by the PC? Did you look in the Windows Device Manager to see if it was listed under USB devices?

Was the cable plugged in, and the Tx turned on before launching the simulator program?

I don't know the sim you are running, but you could uninstall it and reinstall just to be sure that it didn't have a funky installation issue. Otherwise, you could try the demo of FPV Freerider to see how it works. We have been using it for a few weeks with no real issues.

Obtusemoose

How did you determine that it isn't recognized by the PC? Did you look in the Windows Device Manager to see if it was listed under USB devices?

Was the cable plugged in, and the Tx turned on before launching the simulator program?

I don't know the sim you are running, but you could uninstall it and reinstall just to be sure that it didn't have a funky installation issue. Otherwise, you could try the demo of FPV Freerider to see how it works. We have been using it for a few weeks with no real issues.

Ok, I checked in the Windows Device Manager under USB and nothing changes from when it is plugged and when it isn't. I did try launching DRL Simulator with the Tx turned on before launching the simulator and that didn't work. I tried reinstalling but nothing changed. I installed the Freerider demo but it didn't recognize the Tx. Do I need some software to help recognize the Tx?:confused:

jtrops

If the device manager isn't posting the cable when it's plugged in that can mean that the cable itself is faulty, or that the USB port is not active/functioning. Even if you are missing a device driver it should still tell you that something is connected. I don't think you have a software problem. If you have a friend with a working sim cable it would be worth trying that.

have you tried connecting the cable to a different USB port?

Obtusemoose

If the device manager isn't posting the cable when it's plugged in that can mean that the cable itself is faulty, or that the USB port is not active/functioning. Even if you are missing a device driver it should still tell you that something is connected. I don't think you have a software problem. If you have a friend with a working sim cable it would be worth trying that.

have you tried connecting the cable to a different USB port?

Ok, I tried switching the cable around and tested my wireless mouse in the ports and they all work. Every time I plug/unplug the cable the list of USB devices refreshes and the computer makes a noise. However the list of USB devices never changes. Doesn't this mean the cable is recognizable to the computer?

jtrops

I will be honest, it's been a long time since I did any work on Windows. if you click on the USB listings in the device manager does it reveal any more information?

My experience with plugging my i6 into various computers is that it is recognized, and no drivers are necessary. This includes my son's Windows 10 gaming computer. So, at this point I would consider that you have a bad cable. Without a known working cable it is hard to check that the transmitter is sending the correct signal, but I doubt that's an issue. Try contacting the seller where you bought the cable, and see if they can send out a new one.

Obtusemoose

I will be honest, it's been a long time since I did any work on Windows. if you click on the USB listings in the device manager does it reveal any more information?

My experience with plugging my i6 into various computers is that it is recognized, and no drivers are necessary. This includes my son's Windows 10 gaming computer. So, at this point I would consider that you have a bad cable. Without a known working cable it is hard to check that the transmitter is sending the correct signal, but I doubt that's an issue. Try contacting the seller where you bought the cable, and see if they can send out a new one.

Ok so I installed the version of FMS that came with the cable on my computer to see what would happen and I got a message saying "D3DRM.dll is not loaded" and the simulator crashes. If this means nothing I'll probably send the cable back.

When I click on the USB listings it does show information but it means nothing to me.

If I order another cable what would you suggest for my 9x?
Thanks for the help!!:D

jtrops

You know I just looked at the 9x, and it looks like the trainer/sim port is a 3.5mm audio cable connection (TS conector). Since you are running Windows you can just use 3.5mm mono audio cable from your radio to the mic port on your PC, and use Smartpropoplus to convert the signal to a "game controller" signal that your simulator will recognize. That would be the cheapest, fastest, easiest way to get this all working. You may even be able to use a 3.5mm stereo cable to do the deed, and that is something you may have sitting in a box of computer cables. EDIT: the cable will have a 3.5mm connector on both ends.

As far as the missing DLL, sometimes they just don't load (at least that used to be the case). Have you successfully launched the app on your machine before? If not you could have a bad download, and a new download and installation could take care of it.

Since you are still reading I'm going to assume that you have a good installation... You may be able to kill the app, and make sure that you go to the "Task Manager" to make sure that it isn't holding onto life in the background. Once you have killed it try launching it again. If that still doesn't work you may have to restart your machine.

Last edited: