Two minis, one power pack

spacer

My 9 year old (nearly 10) daughter is showing an interest in these planes, and I could use something a bit slower for casual flights in the tiny field behind our office. My Spear is just too fast for my skillset in such tight quarters at the moment.
So, I'm thinking about putting together a couple minis, probably the Scout, and letting Zoe build alongside me. As for the power pack, it looks like the "Twin" A pack should provide plenty of bits for two of these, two servos each, and a motor/esc/prop for each one, and at a substantial discount compared to two single kits (I already have the tools and stuff from my "C" kit, too).
I really don't see anything wrong with the idea, but sitting in my office, thought I'd toss this into the forum to see what floats to the top, ideas and such.

Last edited:

xMeox

Trieda scout with an a pack motor and a 3blade 5x3 prop last weekend. With an (very old) 400mAh 2s battery it was flying really slow, though it had a very Low climbing rate. With 460mAh 3s batteries it has more punch and is noticeable faster but has (uncontrollable) unlimited flight.

Personally I would go with the 3s, just because you can reuse them on a lot of other minis which need the higher voltage/power.
At the beginning, dial down the power on your tax and you're fine

spacer

Yeah, I've found myself with a few 3S batteries lying around from other aircraft, some of which are no longer with us. :eek:

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
My 9 year old (nearly 10) daughter is showing an interest in these planes, and I could use something a bit slower for casual flights in the tiny field behind our office. My Spear is just too fast for my skillset in such tight quarters at the moment.
So, I'm thinking about putting together a couple minis, probably the Scout, and letting Zoe build alongside me. As for the power pack, it looks like the "Twin" A pack should provide plenty of bits for two of these, two servos each, and a motor/esc/prop for each one, and at a substantial discount compared to two single kits (I already have the tools and stuff from my "C" kit, too).
I really don't see anything wrong with the idea, but sitting in my office, thought I'd toss this into the forum to see what floats to the top, ideas and such.

HEY Spacer!

I have to say, I am super excited to hear about your daughter at such a young age getting into the hobby and wanting to fly with DAD! We have always emphasized that people fly with friends and family and your living it! Great to hear that from our perspective because we do not always get to hear or see it! KEEP up the great work and tell your daughter all of us here at FT HQ say hello and merry christmas! ;)

On the note of the plane...the SCOUT is PERFECT...easy to build and so much fun to fly! I wouldn't go ANY other way. Plus it is one of the coolest looking mini's with the ribbed wing!
Can't wait to hear and see more on this wonderful bonding time with you and your daughter!!

Blessings and happy building/flying!
Stefan and the FT Crew!