Turbo Timber UMX - Receiver issue

Markmcc21

In conclusion to all of this I believe this aircraft should be good to go. Accordingly I hope to take it out a little later this week when the weather and wind are more desirable. Thanks to all for your help!
Hi mate did you ever find out what this humming noise was? I've just set up my Turbo timber and had exactly the same noise. Did u manage to fix it? Is it normal? Cheers

Markmcc21

are you talking about the buzzing of the servos, or the whine of the motor/esc?
The loud pitch whine coming from the plane when it's just sat there binned to the TX. Even with flaps up or down it's still making a constant buzzing noise. Moving any of the control surfaces does lower the noise a tad but its not significant. It's pretty much constant until I remove the battery. Any updates would be helpful.

Markmcc21

did you try the suggestion of lowering the throttle trim?
That was on my list of options tomorrow morning when I give it another go. My gf told me to pack it in as the noise was too loud tonight! Any other tips? How much should I trim the throttle by?

Ret0xing

Hi mate did you ever find out what this humming noise was? I've just set up my Turbo timber and had exactly the same noise. Did u manage to fix it? Is it normal? Cheers

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. With respect to the noise, most specifically the high pitched whine, after lots of research it turns out that these sounds are perfectly normal for linear servos. It has no impact on flight or performance and as soon as it’s airborne I hear nothing other than the sound of the motor.

All in all it’s an amazing flyer and pretty darn resilient. Happy flying!

Markmcc21

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. With respect to the noise, most specifically the high pitched whine, after lots of research it turns out that these sounds are perfectly normal for linear servos. It has no impact on flight or performance and as soon as it’s airborne I hear nothing other than the sound of the motor.

All in all it’s an amazing flyer and pretty darn resilient. Happy flying!
Thanks you very much for the through answer. We'll that settles it! Maiden flight tomorrow! Cheers

boogieloo

Thank you. I think you've answered my question. The original twin pack, the throttle was too high. Or in reverse. So the battery kicked it towards the 4th servo instead. The engine didn't start. ESC twin pack. Now I've got it on ESC single engine. TATTU 1300 mAhrs was dead after I tested the twin engine. Now it's a remake on single engine. Needing a TATTU BATTERY. But I'm not sure yet what range the battery I should buy. The receiver is still good. I think. Never been used are twin engines. So it still works. And the receiver/transmitter. Just the hookups was wrong. Here is my remake model airplane. Single ESC engine is in the back of the wing. It is 32" length x 43" wing tip to wing tip. And weighs 3.2 ibs. On 2 servos now. The receiver is still good. The battery is dead. Now I need to buy a new one from Flite Test store or some other store where they sell TATTU BATTERY in the specific range I would need.

Attachments

• WIN_20211017_21_31_26_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20211017_21_31_26_Pro.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

bisco

Elite member
you can use any lipo battery, it doesn't have to be tattu. but you do need the right number of cells for the motor spec, and a minimum recommended mah for the model.

boogieloo

Thanks. Here is what the battery looks like. I hope it isn't too much. But I think this will finally work and make the airplane fly.
WIN_20211018_13_08_33_Pro.jpg

boogieloo

Buzzing sound is coming from the whole system. I had that on my first twin engine Pack C build, from Flite Test Store. But when the engine didn't start, I knew the setup was wrong. So it completely shut down. The battery went dead. I checked it at a Hobby Company where I live. Now I am stuck with figuring out how much mAhrs battery will work on the single engine ESC model. Something to think about first before I buy. So this will be awhile yet sitting on my table.

boogieloo

recommended is a 2s 200-280 mah lipo with the correct jst connector
Thank you much. I'll try to find this battery at the Hobby Company where I live. If not, they may have this at the Flite Test Store in Chico, California. It looks like it is set then. The transmitter is good. Receiver is good. Servos and engine is good. Now just the battery. Thanks again. I hope this works.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
The eFlite batteries are junk, and their attempt at a semi-proprietary connector to make it tough to use other batteries is one of the reasons I LOATHE Horizon Hobby and their brands.