Versacopter Gopro video from a noob.

BiscuitWheels

I built this a few weeks ago. But have just been able to fly it this weekend. I came from a LaTrax Alias, to this. So things are still a little overwhelming to me. PID, curves, AHHH.
Still learning. Kinda wobbly but I think some gains need to be turned down. I flew on Angle mode for this because Im flying LOS and cant see it really well when its way out there so I don't feel comfortable in Acro yet.
Its also still broke from a fall yesterday in my front yard. The front spar isn't very tight because the C clamps are broke. I tightened them up and put a drop of CA in there to hold it till new parts come. Anyway.
Im open to suggestions on tuning. Right now its on PID3 with the roll and pitch Ps dialed back to 3.5 each from 4.

Last edited:

ZoomNBoom

You can not tune PIDs properly in angle mode. I understand why you fly it (Im no good at flying acro mode LoS myself), but its impossible to tell to what extend its the acro PIDs which are always used, or the angle mode P running "on top" of the acro that are causing it. The way I tune my quads now, is on the bench, using an approach similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq1jXHMiJgg

He uses a different fc, but the principles are the same.
You do that in acro mode, first get P, I and D dialed in. Then you can tweak level mode P (for angle) or I (for horizon) if necessary.

BiscuitWheels

Ah. Thanks. I'll try that today.
I figured I did some good since the first flight was much more wobbly, in my front yard and the second set at the park was so much smoother. To my eye anyway.

I will try a little acro today if it isn't too windy. That's been my main concern.

I've been reading some on autotune as well , but the steps seem kinda vauge. Need to do more reading.

Last edited: