Vinon-sur-Verdon (FR) fly-in logistics

goeland86

Hi guys,

I'd really like to be at the fly-in that Flitetest is organizing in southern France, but I don't have a car :(

I live in Neuchatel (CH) but can get by train easily enough to Geneva, Lyon or even Aix-en-Provence. But, in the spirit of FliteTest, I was wondering if people wanted to carpool down?

I don't mind renting a car and driving other people down, I just wanted to throw the idea out there and see how many people would be interested in driving down together.

Cheers,
Jon

bepilot

I plan to go by car from Lyon (I work @ the airport over there) so no problem to hop-in - but I'm still waiting an OK from my job as this event is a Thursday, which could get tricky.
I've shared this event with some other friends on Facebook, one is on the Geneva region, but I can't promise anything for the moment.

Anthemius

hi Guys !!

i'm planning to go from Bordeaux. if anyone one to come with me.
i really hope that we ll meet the flitetest guys.. it ll be awesome. :)

Anthemius

AidanOrton

Looks like other people had the same idea.

I'm flying in to Nice Thursday lunchtime and back out Friday evening.

Anyone want to share a rental from Nice?

Ta,

Aidan

ztoon

Gone with the Mistral
Hi guys,

I'd really like to be at the fly-in that Flitetest is organizing in southern France, but I don't have a car :(

I live in Neuchatel (CH) but can get by train easily enough to Geneva, Lyon or even Aix-en-Provence. But, in the spirit of FliteTest, I was wondering if people wanted to carpool down?

I don't mind renting a car and driving other people down, I just wanted to throw the idea out there and see how many people would be interested in driving down together.

Cheers,
Jon

I can pick you up at either the Marseille-Marignane airport or Aix en Provence TGV station.
Olivier

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Is anyone going from Germany / Netherlands? I really want to come, but it's quite a trip. If I choose to go by plane I don't know how I could transport anything flyable (not that I have anything besides an FT Flyer and an Anycopter).

ztoon

Gone with the Mistral
Is anyone going from Germany / Netherlands? I really want to come, but it's quite a trip. If I choose to go by plane I don't know how I could transport anything flyable (not that I have anything besides an FT Flyer and an Anycopter).

Hi,
Same proposition as for Jon (Goeland86). Contact him also if interested, question of schedule.
There is some space left for you and a multicopter, maybee a small plane, but not much...I've a small car.
Olivier

bepilot

goeland86, got your MP - I will revert to you once I have my employer's OK.

Balu, I regularly bring my TBS quad home, fits nicely in the suitcase with props off, altogether with the TX.
All batteries go in a Lipo safe bag, in hand luggage only (do not leave at aircraft stairs, you should be able to access them in case of fire). As long as the batteries you bring with you are less than 100Wh capable each, you're unlimited in quantity.
english: http://safetravel.dot.gov/definitions.html
french Air France, applying IATA rules on this: http://www.airfrance.fr/common/image/pdf/fr/Bagages_batterie_lithium_fr.pdf
I usually have a printed paper of this kind of information should the security personnel be tricky (mostly because of pure ignorance).

goeland86

Bepilot, thanks for the good info on flying with lipos.

As it stands now for me traveling from Geneva looks like renting a car is the better option. If anyone wants to come down with me let me know now, so I can get a bigger car if there's a lot of flying machine coming down with us.

I'd be leaving Geneva around 7AM, and it's a 3 and a half hour drive. Anyone along the way, send me a PM, and we'll work it out.

Bepilot, that means you, too, if you don't want to drive down alone.

See y'all down there!

P.S: I write in English here, but I'm perfectly fluent in French, too, so message me in whatever language you like.

goeland86

So, quick update on my side, one of my friends is loaning me his car, and I'll be driving with a friend who's only been doing rc cars until now. If anyone else wants to carpool I'm still all for it, I'll just need to rent a bigger car. (Fiesta +3 people + flying things + sleeping things might be feasible, but not worth the risk we'll break things).

Cheers,
Jon

polodu64

Hi everybody,

We're a group of 3 friends (17yo) and we're going to the event, and we wanted to ask if anybody could get us in town (around 3:30 PM the 26th), to drop us at the field (it's about 40 min walking...) : we will be having one backpack each with a tent and a multirotor :p
Thanks a lot in advance and see you there ! :D

Bonjour à tous,

Nous sommes un groupe de 3 amis (17 ans), et nous allons au meeting, nous voulions savoir si il était possible que quelqu'un puisse venir nous chercher au centre ville vers 15h30 le 26, pour nous déposer à l'aérodrome (c'est une marche d'environ 40 minutes...); nous aurons 1 sac à dos chacun ainsi qu'une tente et un multirotor :p
Merci d'avance et à très bientôt ! :D

Polodu64

bepilot

C'est bien, ça s'organise! I just got my work planning for the upcoming month, and my holidays were accepted, yippie!
So anyone wanting a drive out from Lyon (airport), starting from Wed-afternoon, is welcome.
I'll try to combine this outing with a acrobatic soaring session on Fri-or-Sat with a work-colleage @ LFNZ, have to contact him!
For the return trip, I have to be back in Lyon for Sunday-afternoon.

Polodu64, that should be possible... Manosque gare je présume?
I'll also contact my aunt for the accomodation nearby, if it is still possible... too many tents= less planes to bring with ;)

Last edited:

goeland86

Bepilot, cool! Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Slope soaring is where? I only have a dlg, but I've heard say they make good slope planes in light air. That and my friend will be a complete beginner, so getting two days of flying would be good for him, just need to find a beginner plane for him to fly.

Last edited:

bepilot

Attachments

• 1901199_10152142556716919_1046278668_n.jpg
    1901199_10152142556716919_1046278668_n.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 28

goeland86

ztoon

Gone with the Mistral
Hi,

@Polodu64:
Is there a typo on the date? coming the 26th in the afternoon with a tent? sure you're not talking about the 25th?
I still hesitate to come on the 25th afternoon, but will it be possible to stay there with a tent? If you come the 25th afternoon I could pick you up...

@Bepilot:
LFNZ is THE spot for gliding. I flew 1:1 gliders for 5 years at LFNE (the south side of the Alpilles, where St Remy is north side, maybe 20km far...), and I can tell you their ASK21 is a blast. Want to know this glider ID? F-CHIE... English translation anyone?:p I'll bet it is still there, this particular glider is this only one they can do aerobatics with.

P1030281.JPG
View of "Les Alpilles" from LFNE.

I was a bit surprised when I discovered the double harness (meaning you have 3 in total because of the parachute, mandatory for gliders aerobatics in France, dont know for planes...) and accelerometer in the cockpit. It is also where I tried winch launch (we used to tow planes at LFNE, too much traffic for winch operation).

@All:
See you at Vinon,
Olivier

Last edited:

polodu64

@ztoon
Sadly, we won't be able to arrive the 25th in the afternoon because of exams :)mad:), but we're looking at trains that arrive around 11am in Marseille the 26th, and we might have found someone to welcome us for the night :p Thanks a lot ! ;)

polodu64

Hi everybody,

*First, sorry for the numerous changes, but we finally found a solution :
A friend of ours is lending us his house in Vinon Sur Verdon, so we won't need to bring a tent...
We just need someone who could take us from Marseille around 11:00am to Vinon the 26th (no tent :p )
Thanks a lot to everybody, and sorry about that....

Cheers :D

Polodu64