Visiting Flite Test

Wildblue2u

Wildblue2u
Just a question for anyone with an answer. I am traveling to Ohio (from Hawaii) the end of the this week and will be in the Columbus/Newark area for about two weeks. I was considering a pilgrimage to Flite Test HQ to see the center of the Galaxy of all things RC. Are us mere mortals able to visit FT HQ and is there a physical store to also visit?

Thanks,

Don

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I would assume any and all visitors would be welcome with advanced warning. Maybe shoot Stefan a message as he is active in here a lot lately. I also believe there is a section at the new place that is warehouse where the store is operated from so I would also take a guess you could get things directly off their shelves. Maybe a pre-arrival message in the store support to get a definitive answer would be helpful.

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
HQ Visit

HEY don!

We would love to see ya! We do not have a STORE HERE at the HQ, but we do have a place to buy all of what is on the store down in NEW PHILLY at our manufacturing plant. So you could grab whatever you needed down there! ;)

Blessings,
Stefan

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
There is no physical store (and the "goods" aren't at the HQ any longer).

As for visits . . . if they're there, they're just about the most distractible people on earth, and they pretty much just love people. Just keep in mind, if you do visit, we will all hate you -- partly because you're slowing them down, but mostly out of jealousy ;)

edit: POST PICTURES!!!!!

Last edited:

Wildblue2u

Wildblue2u
Thanks

Stefan,

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I'll have a better idea what day we'd like to visit once I get there. I was wanting to get a Versa Copter kit to try my hand at quad building, hoping for a quick success to build confidence. Any request for Hawaii only treats?

Mahalo,

Don

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Just meeting you is treat enough! ;)

Looking forward to it!
Safe travels and keep us posted!

stefan

Burly

If you're in Newark you can go east on 16...then northeast to New Philadelphia.
Flite Test store is probably somewhere in the Lauren International set of buildings.
Then it's straight north on I-75 to North Canton.

Another place in Columbus is ReadyMadeRC.
They don't have a store per se...but you can order anything they have in stock online, and pickup at the front desk during business hours.
It's north on 23 as you are going to Delaware Ohio.
If you hit the Menard's store...you've gone too far...its back to the south one block.

It's a good opportunity to buy lots of odds and ends.
You'll save a lot on shipping if it fits in your suitcase.

BALSABUZZARD

HQ Visit

HEY don!

We would love to see ya! We do not have a STORE HERE at the HQ, but we do have a place to buy all of what is on the store down in NEW PHILLY at our manufacturing plant. So you could grab whatever you needed down there! ;)

Blessings,
Stefan
Hi Stephan
I am driving my U-Haul Washington to Connecticut and will be near flite test day after tomorrow (4/25) if the invite is still open?
Unfortunately my transmitter is buried pretty deep in U-Haul if you guys have anything I could fly with you guys assuming you guys are available
Thanks!!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Hi Stephan
I am driving my U-Haul Washington to Connecticut and will be near flite test day after tomorrow (4/25) if the invite is still open?
Unfortunately my transmitter is buried pretty deep in U-Haul if you guys have anything I could fly with you guys assuming you guys are available
Thanks!!
That is a REALLY old post. They hang out at Edgewater Air Park these days.

JDSnavely

We stopped to see Edgewater while my boys (12 and 13) and I were visiting my Dad. I grew up near there in Massillon. We happened to see David and he invited us up to meet Josh and Stephan. We only got to spend a couple minutes there but it was a great pleasure for us. We hope to visit again on a future visit.