• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help! Warbird scale down?

Hey everybody, I just made a cub, and it flies really well, but I was wondering if it would be possible to somewhat scale down the c pack warbirds and use them on a b power pack?

Heres a quick pic of the cub
1586803490004.png

FDS

The Simple size warbirds will fly fine on the 2212 1000kv motor. My scout is made of heavy UK board and it’s running that motor.

Merv

It's possible to scale down, but beware, when you scale, the aerodynamics also change. That is the wing loading will change substantially. For most of my FT planes a wing loading of 12-15 oz per square foot works well. But when you go to the size of an indoor plane the wing loading is 1-2 oz per sqft, a 10 fold change.

The Hangar

The spitfire (first version, not the new master series version) is very light and would fly just fine on that motor at the normal scale.

TDL

Are you sure your motor is 2212 kv2200? if so, I would recommend building a pusher jet (assuming running 3s with 6” prop) instead of a warbird. unless you are using 2s battery with an 8” prop.