• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What’s a good beginner fav quad?

I’m interested in learning how to fly racing quads. What is a good beginner drone? I have heard about the vortex 150. It matches my budget and seems to be the best one for learning how to fly them. I do fly 3D planes so I have some experience with the hobby. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Bricks

Me I did the Tiny Whoop more fun then you can shake a stick at and almost indestructible. I picked mine up off of RCgroups paid a whole $40 for it, for me was much better then fixing my 250 size quads after a crash while learning. Which I did many times before the Whoop.

I have flow a whoop and had some fun with them.You can crash them over and over and keep flying. I’m just looking for something more.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I'm not a big quad guy but the vortex looks really nice and If you not against building you could try and build a FT gremlin I'm having lots of fun with mine.

Bricks

Your choices are endless when looking at the 150 size, looks like you have done some research just go for it as 2 months down the road something faster and better will be out there.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Whichever machine you decide on, start with a sim like Velicidrone or Liftoff. Both are good and low price, your savings in props alone will pay for it in an hour :)

Bricks

Whichever machine you decide on, start with a sim like Velicidrone or Liftoff. Both are good and low price, your savings in props alone will pay for it in an hour :)

WHAT this hobby is about saving money????????????? I have been doing this all wrong LMAO

The king kong ET series (ET 100, 115, 125) are quite durable and will give you a good amount of performance to learn.
But I would check out Albert Kim’s or Nick Burns’ channel on YouTube for more in depth reviews and suggestions. It’s always best to do the research and choose something you like.