What budget transmitter is better?

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
I have the i6X and have no issues with it. Found it to be great for just getting into the hobby, there are lots of YouTube videos that show how to use it, and receivers are fairly inexpensive for this model as well. The Taranis is obviously the better of the 2 but those radios come in at two completely different price points. I purchased mine that came with the 10 channel receiver for $85 , the Taranis looks like it comes in at 3 times that amount therefore more features and a better radio

danskis

Master member
@Hawth - those are two very different transmitters with very different operating systems. You may already know this but....The FlySky is pretty much plug and play with built in wizards to program your models. The FrSky (which i'm not that familiar with) is OpenTX which is totally different and requires a fairly steep learning curve to get even a simple model programmed iinto it. If you don't mind spending hours on the web figuring out OpenTX then I would suggest the Radiomaster12 channel.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
@LitterBug that model _doesn't_ have the full 4in1 multiprotocal module... I ordered that exact one and found out when it got to me.

it is as confusing as it gets because it uses the same verbiage in the description and the only place on the store page that I could find a difference is in the description "Internal CC2500 RF System(Frsky, Futabas SFHSS)" and a picture that says the same thing.

Those 2 items on a radio with an actual 4-in-1 shows 4 different chips on that line instead of the 1.

So, if it is your first radio and are good with the limited protocals, it looks like a good choice. However for someone like me who has a bunch of spectrum RXes and wants to be able to just use 1 TX... it didn't work for me.

from some conversations after I RMAed it, I found out that I might have been able to just purhase the 4in1 replacement part for the standard version of that and replace it myself to upgrade that one to a full 4in1. :( [yes I had a bad time ordering that TX]

Corsair714

What budget transmitter is better?

Flysky FS-i6X or FrSky Taranis X9 Lite?
If you're just starting out I would definitely go with the flysky. It's difficult enough figuring stuff out as a beginner without messing with opentx. Flysky is definitely best bang for your buck in my opinion. Radiomaster is pretty great, (That's what I use) it's just complex for a beginner and there's no reason to spend the extra money on it, when flysky can pretty much do everything you'd need.

Hawth

I have the i6X and have no issues with it. Found it to be great for just getting into the hobby, there are lots of YouTube videos that show how to use it, and receivers are fairly inexpensive for this model as well. The Taranis is obviously the better of the 2 but those radios come in at two completely different price points. I purchased mine that came with the 10 channel receiver for $85 , the Taranis looks like it comes in at 3 times that amount therefore more features and a better radio

I'm talking about this: https://www.getfpv.com/frsky-taranis-x9-lite-2-4g-24ch-radio-transmitter.html

I don't know what the difference is between the full version and the lite

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
I'm talking about this: https://www.getfpv.com/frsky-taranis-x9-lite-2-4g-24ch-radio-transmitter.html

I don't know what the difference is between the full version and the lite
Yeah I knew which one you were talking about, little more expensive here, but the rest of the replies should say it all - If you are just starting out and want something easy to use but still have things like dual rates and mixing etc this would be the way to go in my opinion. Keep it simple