What did you crash today

Theuglycamel

Not today, but two days ago. Elevator came loose and locked up. When i finally got a grip I was full down and trim maxed.

Fixed:

[/MEDIA]
penny 1st crash.jpg

Last edited:

Hoomi

Master member
Closest thing to a crash today, was my Freewing Stinger had one of the main landing gear mounts come loose on the take-off roll. Aborted take-off, and only "damage" was some scraping to the wingtip deco.

I'm glad it happened on take-off roll, instead of part-way through the flight.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
been flying moderately well lately. Not sure what happened... it all happened so fast (although stuff usually does in the back yard...). One word....crap. 😐🙄 View attachment 173698
time for some foam-tac and a bit of hope. I think I found all of the pieces
Noooooo! The P-47 is one of mine and @The Hangar's favorites! Let's hope the cg stays the same after all the foam tac!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I tried to do a roll with my ft simple soarer 1 accident high with lethargic elevator to pull out with. Crushed the nose badly. Wich the pod and nose will need a rebuild.
IMG_20200704_230615804.jpg

Big frustration, is that I busted my girlfriend's buddy box plane due to a reversed rudder. Just testing so it wouldn't be on her.

Couldn't fix it because I was busy switching ch 4 - rudder Which was moved to the aileron spot. After a bug riddle frustrating moment or three, we left the field. 2 minutes at home... No channel 4, then switched up. And it's ready now.

bwarz

Master member
Noooooo! The P-47 is one of mine and @The Hangar's favorites! Let's hope the cg stays the same after all the foam tac!
I've been thinking of getting all of the spare parts for the airframe before they're no longer available - that way once I;m better at flying and the current frame starts looking ragged (or worse yet, is too far gone to fly well) I can just pull the electronics and plant them in a nice fresh new plane! Might be coming sooner than later. I'm hoping the CG will cooperate, too. Although I did take the tail off right behind the side air intakes, so if I use the same amount of foam-tac on the front as I did on the back...lol

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
been flying moderately well lately. Not sure what happened... it all happened so fast (although stuff usually does in the back yard...). One word....crap. 😐🙄 View attachment 173698
time for some foam-tac and a bit of hope. I think I found all of the pieces
Too bad - it will fly again though! I flew mine Friday evening and it impressed me yet again! Such a gentle flyer and decently aerobatic too!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
It looks under powered, tail heavy, and not enough of a vertical stab
Bigger prop maybe?

Edit: upon closer inspection it seems plenty large... I agree on lack of lift though.
It is in full stall the whole time it is in the air on both attempts, and rolls over to the left and nose down, twice...

Hint is in the comments lol