What Did You Fly Today

Timmy

Legendary member
Yeah sure is,
That’s when flying too low becomes an issue lol last week the grass sliced into my euro wing, pulled it down and ripped some of the belly pan off. Today caught the Hawk wing, tugged her down and ripped it clean off 😂 friction and speed don’t work well together.
Maybe I should just fly higher lol
yes you should :ROFLMAO:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yeah sure is,
That’s when flying too low becomes an issue lol last week the grass sliced into my euro wing, pulled it down and ripped some of the belly pan off. Today caught the Hawk wing, tugged her down and ripped it clean off 😂 friction and speed don’t work well together.

you just need more props.

Crop circles FTW!!!!

"Corpse"

Legendary member
you just need more props.

Crop circles FTW!!!!
Yes! If I knew more farmers I would fly there everyday. We have tons of them around where I live.

The whoop has just been sittin on my bench lately staring at me with it's one tearful eye, pleading for me to take it up. I got my new awesome sauce motors today and after soldering them up I flew the upgraded whoop! It's got plenty of punch, even at full speed. This guy is an indoor racing beast!

BTW I'll have to put some more LED's on if I go to the whoop party at FF2021. See ya'll there!

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I actually got out to fly for the first time in almost two months. I took the Simple Stick Trainer out after church for some dusk flying. Managed to get 1 1/2 packs through it before the wind got too sketchy and the sun got too low. That being said the wind was not kind, it was a bit gusty and it always started blowing when I was flying crosswind. I almost stuffed it twice when the wind picked up a wingtip, once was right on takeoff.
I was using my Revolectrix $2 4s 1100s for the first time, running a B-pack on the Stick got me what felt like decent 6-7 min flights. Not bad for such a large plane on an 1100 mah battery.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I actually got out to fly for the first time in almost two months. I took the Simple Stick Trainer out after church for some dusk flying. Managed to get 1 1/2 packs through it before the wind got too sketchy and the sun got too low. That being said the wind was not kind, it was a bit gusty and it always started blowing when I was flying crosswind. I almost stuffed it twice when the wind picked up a wingtip, once was right on takeoff.
I was using my Revolectrix $2 4s 1100s for the first time, running a B-pack on the Stick got me what felt like decent 6-7 min flights. Not bad for such a large plane on an 1100 mah battery.
I also did some Dusk/Night flying. I was surprised at how well the little $15 AIO camera did in the dark, it was great! My whoop has so much power with the new motors and outside flying isn't so sketchy anymore!:D:D:D

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Just came back from flying the painted Cub. of course, with the 10 mile an hour wind I crashed it in the first 30 seconds. It was fine and my dad took it up and flew it beautifully until there was a HUGE wind gust and he went into a tree.:ROFLMAO:
hehe
guess that puts an end to my idea of maidening my guinea in 10kph winds
What's this about 10 mph winds? I maidened my mighty mini geebee in 10+ mph winds, and have flown my eflite valiant in 20 mph winds! I've also taken the simple stick up in 15+ mph winds. :ROFLMAO: Flying in the wind can be a ton of fun, but definitely takes a lot of practice. Oh yeah, and if you can't tell, I'm a @PeterSripol type of pilot - the sketchier the better!

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Awesome - glad to hear you flew the Stick again!

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
Yeah sure is,
Just fly lower and you have a zero percent crashing.

OliverW

Legendary member
What's this about 10 mph winds? I maidened my mighty mini geebee in 10+ mph winds, and have flown my eflite valiant in 20 mph winds! I've also taken the simple stick up in 15+ mph winds. :ROFLMAO: Flying in the wind can be a ton of fun, but definitely takes a lot of practice. Oh yeah, and if you can't tell, I'm a @PeterSripol type of pilot - the sketchier the better!
I flew the valiant in 30 gusting to 40mph winds! At full throttle the plane was stationary

L Edge

Master member
That would be easy, we were talking about making each side of the canard move independently as a second set of elevons

Also I know I don't need dihedral in the canard, some planes like the Beech Starship do have it though. It just looks so cool.

Here is my video of an F-22 using 2 servos moving as a second set of elevons. Result I found out is that you can have a higher alfa (still has a rocking to plane) at real low speeds. This was my maiden flight and was unsure of what will happen at fast or slow speeds. Nasa did a study in a spin tunnel and it sure works. I later explored with larger canards and had the same results.