What Did You Fly Today

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
yes i know they take off or slide on the grass ..but walking to pick it up is the nearest thing to exercise i get these days lol !!
very pleased with the qx7 and the 4 in 1 module ...bit of a learning curve at first ..now it comes second nature .
It uses OpenTX as well? or is it different?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Even with the radial using say 9*6 e prop on a 4S?
My V1 edge had that setup and the speed was decent, but you only have 9 inches of prop wash (and the cowl takes up at least 6 of it haha) whereas on the rimfire you have the same speed but way more power coming from the 12 inch prop.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I love opentx, except when I updated my tx's firmware it doesn't let me use dsmx anymore! Does anybody know how to revert to previous versions?
You aren't missing much... FlySky is a better protocol, and a better bang for the buck as far as features... just sayin

L Edge

Master member
How fast does he get going, has he been clocked?

He was a 11 year old Jedi and he has been clocked at 203mph on the straight away and probably 185 in turn 1 and 195 in turn 2 and 3 where the distace apart is 100 ft. A race is 10 laps and times are little over a minute. So each lap is done in plus 6 seconds and you move about 280ft/sec. Having no throttle at all, you run the race and then you go upstairs, shut the engine off by pinching the tubing, you dead stick your landing. Short or long, you miss the runway, your $500 dollar plane is trashed. ($1000 if you trash your engine also). Caller can not touch airplane at all, so he has to do it all.
His opponents used to say there was a track under his plane that he uses. His 10th lap looked the same as the first. Being so small, he flew low (averaged 10ft) so he had a better view(6 adults in the track turning round and round and wandering). He always placed 1st and every so often 2nd, due to the mattrix. I flew the same frequency, so we never had to fly against each other. Why try!
To train him (he flew Q-500 at 135mph for 2 years), it took 5 runs. One going rich throttle, 4 to get him adjusted to height and the Nationals(NATS) which was his first competition. Flew 2 years in Formula 1and 4 years in Q-500 competition and never crashed or ding a plane.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
He was a 11 year old Jedi and he has been clocked at 203mph on the straight away and probably 185 in turn 1 and 195 in turn 2 and 3 where the distace apart is 100 ft. A race is 10 laps and times are little over a minute. So each lap is done in plus 6 seconds and you move about 280ft/sec. Having no throttle at all, you run the race and then you go upstairs, shut the engine off by pinching the tubing, you dead stick your landing. Short or long, you miss the runway, your $500 dollar plane is trashed. ($1000 if you trash your engine also). Caller can not touch airplane at all, so he has to do it all.
His opponents used to say there was a track under his plane that he uses. His 10th lap looked the same as the first. Being so small, he flew low (averaged 10ft) so he had a better view(6 adults in the track turning round and round and wandering). He always placed 1st and every so often 2nd, due to the mattrix. I flew the same frequency, so we never had to fly against each other. Why try!
To train him (he flew Q-500 at 135mph for 2 years), it took 5 runs. One going rich throttle, 4 to get him adjusted to height and the Nationals(NATS) which was his first competition. Flew 2 years in Formula 1and 4 years in Q-500 competition and never crashed or ding a plane.
That's amazing man. I guess once you get the consistency down you just dial it in from there. Rinse and repeat every six seconds or so for ten laps... unreal.

Hats off to him for sure

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
You aren't missing much... FlySky is a better protocol, and a better bang for the buck as far as features... just sayin
Yeah I like my betafpv lite 2 radio jus as much as my much more expensive dx6. I use the lite for quads (frsky is standard) and spektrum for planes (dsmx is more popular). And the lite 2 radio is 45 bucks on amazon...

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Yeah I like my betafpv lite 2 radio jus as much as my much more expensive dx6. I use the lite for quads (frsky is standard) and spektrum for planes (dsmx is more popular). And the lite 2 radio is 45 bucks on amazon...
I have bought a few Spektrum Rx's, the AR620's and a handful of the budget DSMX Lemon and Storm receivers. Now that I have the multi-protocol option I am starting to branch out. My first try has been the FlySky IA6B 6ch and for the price, performance, and durability, hands down has blown any of the DSM proprietary and knock offs out of the water. Next will be FRSky

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
The main thing I'm looking for is RSSI readings in my OSD and good range and latency. If flysky does that then I'm converted.
The IA6B was $18CA or maybe $3.25US on the exchange rate... JK. But it was cheap and has the telemetry you are looking for. Actually I didn't even know it had telemetry till I got it and bound it to a plane, then the radio started talking to me... WHAT?! Gonna be getting more of these

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Pfft... i fly more in the winter anyway!

You poor children of summer, 😋
4bgqng.jpg