Well took the simple cub out to the rc club for round 2 after adding 3 degrees of down thrust as suggested by the instructor. A different pilot took it up this time and again struggled with anything more than 1/4 throttle. I did some research and my thrust to weight ratio is 2:1. 1400g thrust to 700g total weight. Seemed to fly reasonably at low revs and speed but just wants to climb when throttle was added. Eventually smacked the ground hard enough to break my last prop. Managed to get a loan of a similar prop and swapped out recievers so he could use his transmitter for another run. The club members run mode 1 and my unit was mode 2. The plan was to borrow a second TX and buddy box once we got some more tuning done. While I was waiting for him to finish a 3D run, a small puff of wind rolled the fuse off the table hitting the ground nose first taking off the firewall. The initial crash may have loosened it as we were surprised to only find a broken prop. Saw a large balsa plane go in hard after it lost radio contact at the end of the strip. Ah the sound of splintering balsa. So than ended round 2. Bought it home and carried out the repairs. Changed theTX over to mode 1 and checked everything was working as it should in mode 1. Then consulted the manual and did some work on the throttle curve to make the motor more docile and cub friendly. Ordered new props, lipo safety bag, TX carry case so should be ready for round 3 in a fortnight.