What Did You Fly Today

Wildthing

Legendary member
The temperature was about 30 degrees F when I arrived at the flying field at 7:30 this morning. Got things unlocked and set up for the day, then put the Nano S2 heli up for a flight, while there was no wind. Two flights today on the Tiny Trainer, and one flight each on the Explorer, Storch, Versawing, Scout (on FPV), Bushwacker, and Stinger. No issues or mishaps today.
View attachment 189480
I had to look a couple times to find the heli, dang that is tiny :D

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I flew the 94 gram mini scout today. I got 9 minutes of flight time on a 280 2s!
085F5322-D8AE-431B-A617-B8F09CF76215.jpeg

Hoomi

Master member
I love that picture. Sunshine, warmth and freedom. While the rest of us are stuck indoors due to Civid isolation and sub zero conditions causing frost bite, depression.
One of the balances to our scorching hot summers here, is that we have relatively mild winters. I've had a lot of people that have asked, "How can you stand to live there? It gets SO HOT!"

I reply, "I've never had to shovel heat out of my driveway to go somewhere." I'll take the summer heat over winter snow, without any hesitation whatsoever.

Hoomi

Master member
We had the police driving down our Street this evening, they have started handing out fines to anyone caught out of there homes without a valid excuse, part of the Government isolation program.
1984 its the begining of big brother watching you. By the way that's not a Hardy boy's book either.
Just wait until you have to figure out which corner of your home is out of the view of Big Brother's cameras.

Remember - all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others! (On that slightly different Orwellian theme...)

Piotrsko

Master member
I 've been in @Hoomi s neighborhood when there was 3ft of this white crystalline frozen wet substance laying about everywhere. I prefer moderate ocean Mediterranean modulated climate, along with 98% of humanity, but that's hard to find flying places in.

Say thank you to all the yahoos for spreading the disease without protective gear. If the hospitals weren't full, there would be no need to lockdown, isolation would suffice.

mdcerdan

Elite member
My FPV flight today was primarily low-level, following a course dubbed "the Track" in the desert across from our flying field. While I'm not flying the course as fast as @mrjdstewart usually does, the Scout doesn't fly that fast, and I'm still learning what I can manage on FPV. It does make for an exciting ride.

That Arizona landscape looks like the one I have here in Mendoza, Argentina. Made me feel like you were flying right here!

Hoomi

Master member
I 've been in @Hoomi s neighborhood when there was 3ft of this white crystalline frozen wet substance laying about everywhere. I prefer moderate ocean Mediterranean modulated climate, along with 98% of humanity, but that's hard to find flying places in.

Say thank you to all the yahoos for spreading the disease without protective gear. If the hospitals weren't full, there would be no need to lockdown, isolation would suffice.
In the nearly 28 years I've been in Tucson, I think we've had enough snow to cause problems once, and it was mostly gone by the end of the day. The funny thing was, I still made it to work just fine that day, though quite a few people called in saying they couldn't get anywhere because of the snow.

It's also pretty rare that we have a hard freeze. I think I've had frost on my windshield maybe two mornings so far this winter.

Granted, we often say that we have four seasons here in Tucson: Summer, Was Just Summer, Not Really Summer, and Almost Summer.

...we often say that we have four seasons here in Tucson: Summer, Was Just Summer, Not Really Summer, and Almost Summer.
:LOL:
I've heard it said that in NYC we have four seasons: cold, colder, cold, and road work. But in my experience road work is a year-round affair.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I was in 2 minds today what to do. The weather was mild, it was sunny with a light breeze so ideal for flying. However, I had previously made a decision to start the FT Scout today and set a deadline to complete the plane for February. So against my deepest desire to set off planes in hand and fly for an hour or so, I sat in my attic cutting out foamboard instead :rolleyes:.

dani1390

This plane was built by my son, of course with my help, and he is going to fly with it tomorrow.

Attachments

• eazy 1.jpg
    eazy 1.jpg
    540.6 KB · Views: 0
  • eazy 2.jpg
    eazy 2.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • eazy 3.jpg
    eazy 3.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • eazy 4.jpg
    eazy 4.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • eazy 5.jpg
    eazy 5.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • eazy 6.jpg
    eazy 6.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • eazy 7.jpg
    eazy 7.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • eazy 8.jpg
    eazy 8.jpg
    794.8 KB · Views: 0
  • eazy 10.jpg
    eazy 10.jpg
    754.9 KB · Views: 0

mastermalpass

Elite member
Yesterday I took the Bipe Pipe Pro out on Exmoor (Lockdown isn't that heavily enforced where I am - if you go from a quiet village to an even quieter countryside no one's bothered) where there was a strong yet consistent wind:

Take off was very hairy and the wind did make thing uncomfortable if I wasn't flying straight and level. I was brave enough to do one loop which the plane was sloppy at the end and so I decided not to do anything fancy - hovering in the wind was enough fun as it was! Turning was almost purely done with the rudder - I did not wanna bank hard in that wind, not when I'm that close to the ground at least!

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Yesterday's flights:
A bunch with the Speedster (2 full batteries)
1 battery with the LongEZ, after ensuring the wing didn't fall off, and re-trimming it.
And 2 with the Vector -- the last one ended with this: (repairable, but it stopped the flying for the day)
View attachment 189589
I think once I get into flying I might try and design a more realistic looking Long EZ, or maybe a Berkut 360. I love the look of these planes, I'll probably end up owning one at some point if I can get a decent price.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Yesterday I took the Bipe Pipe Pro out on Exmoor (Lockdown isn't that heavily enforced where I am - if you go from a quiet village to an even quieter countryside no one's bothered) where there was a strong yet consistent wind:

Take off was very hairy and the wind did make thing uncomfortable if I wasn't flying straight and level. I was brave enough to do one loop which the plane was sloppy at the end and so I decided not to do anything fancy - hovering in the wind was enough fun as it was! Turning was almost purely done with the rudder - I did not wanna bank hard in that wind, not when I'm that close to the ground at least!
Musics is a bit disturbing. Unless it wasn't music and you where just stood next to some empty bottles, in a bottle bank and the wind was blowing over them ?

Flyingshark

Master member
I think once I get into flying I might try and design a more realistic looking Long EZ, or maybe a Berkut 360. I love the look of these planes, I'll probably end up owning one at some point if I can get a decent price.
The FT LongEZ really doesn't do the design justice. It just doesn't look right without a tapering nose and the nice long wings. But what about doing an actual Berkut?
1611031080963.png