What Did You Fly Today

mdcerdan

Elite member
Maiden my little Pawnee today. To my surprise it flew amazingly well on rudder/elevator/throttle. Downthrust was spot on, no need to adjustment. Flew a few times and I only reduced the wing incidence a bit with a shim between the wing and fuselage.
A little windy and a lot of thermals, as expected for a 35°C (95°F) afternoon.

vlcsnap-2021-01-20-22h57m48s152.jpg
vlcsnap-2021-01-20-22h58m57s221.jpg
vlcsnap-2021-01-20-22h57m54s153.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

mastermalpass

Elite member
Wind speeds dropped today, so on lunch I took the Su-35 V5 out for flight. On 3S, its draggy airframe tends to drink the 2200 battery up in 5 minutes and doesn't have a lot of aerobatics to show for it. So, I wondered if the 2200 4S battery I got for the Hurricane would fit onboard. It does and wow is this plane a lot more fun to fly on 4S!

sundown57

Legendary member
Forgot to check this one out earlier, that flies really well! How have you done the control surfaces?

You've got me tempted to make a USS Discovery:

View attachment 189894
its a pretty simple 3 channel. ailerons on the rear of the flight deck, elevator in the tail. I got the plans off another rc forum but not sure i can mention them i there with out being a traitor lol.

Attachments

• IMG_5560.JPG
    IMG_5560.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5559.JPG
    IMG_5559.JPG
    488 KB · Views: 0

Flyingshark

Master member
Looks pretty cool! But Discovery is the only Star Trek series I've really watched properly... Wait did that one appear in the Spock and Pike movie?
The Saber-class is from Deep Space Nine and First Contact. It's the Federation's answer to the Jem'Hadar attack ships. It's not one of the "hero ships" but it's probably the most aerodynamic of all the Starfleet designs.
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Saber_class

sundown57

Legendary member
Battery question, Im looking to buy a 4 cell. will a 4 cell 3300 Mah run longer than a 3300 3 cell ? i usually use 3300 3 cell in most my large planes so i guess what im asking is to fly the same amount of time as my 3 cell what size 4 cell should i buy ?