What Did You Fly Today

The Bushwacker flew well as always, but I felt it needed some extra power so I am in the progress of fitting a Volantex 4023 1060kv motor that should give me what I need.
On a separate note while flying at the club on Thursday I was chatting to one of the members who asked if I was interested in buying a plane, the Durafly Vampire - 70mm EDF, retracts etc £30 (thats the equivalent of $41.50) I said yes of course :D.
View attachment 198463
He then sent me pictures of the other planes he is selling :p I am having the Mosquito too :)(y)
View attachment 198464
Not yet decide if I want any of the others he is selling, here is some more pictures.
View attachment 198465 View attachment 198469 View attachment 198470 View attachment 198471 View attachment 198467 View attachment 198466
Tempted by the Canberra and the Vulcan
Mmmmm. Canberra. That's some hot stuff right there.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I am definitely having the vampire, picking it up early next week. I also want the Mossy so asking him to reserve that one for me, the other two I fancy are the Vulcan and Canberra but it depends how much they all come too and if there is anything else he is selling that catches my eye.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
The Bushwacker flew well as always, but I felt it needed some extra power so I am in the progress of fitting a Volantex 4023 1060kv motor that should give me what I need.
On a separate note while flying at the club on Thursday I was chatting to one of the members who asked if I was interested in buying a plane, the Durafly Vampire - 70mm EDF, retracts etc £30 (thats the equivalent of $41.50) I said yes of course :D.
View attachment 198463
He then sent me pictures of the other planes he is selling :p I am having the Mosquito too :)(y)
View attachment 198464
Not yet decide if I want any of the others he is selling, here is some more pictures.
View attachment 198465 View attachment 198469 View attachment 198470 View attachment 198471 View attachment 198467 View attachment 198466
Tempted by the Canberra and the Vulcan
Is there any way that I could buy some of them From him? love the low price and amazing looks.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
Only down side of buying the Vampire is it takes 4S 2200mAh batteries and I don't have any so added cost of buying batteries so I can fly it.

i had one of those that i put a 12 blade into, ripped out the landing gear (the front is a joke) and then bungee launched it. that thing was wicked quick and sounded like a beast.

the rc version doesn't do the real one justice. it's actually much smaller in real life than the rc. i was so excited when i heard Pima Air and Space got one, then they went and stuck it on the roof... :confused:

vampire pliff.jpeg

laters,

me :cool:

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Is there any way that I could buy some of them From him? love the low price and amazing looks.
If you live in the UK yep sure you can buy some he even asked if I know anyone who is interested. I can't promise all his planes are as cheap as the Vampire though. He did say nothing he is selling will be more than £100 (That's roughly $138.30).

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
He is also willing to sell some models with the receiver's still built in so its just need a Lipo and Tx to fly them. However, he only uses Futaba gear FHSS protocol, so no use to Spektrum and Flysky users (multiprotocol transmitters will be okay with FHSS).

Wildthing

Legendary member
2 More flights each on Madness and Extra 300S, 1/2 oz of lead added to the tail on both, still could use another 1/2 oz or more but it's very close. 2nd flight on the Madness I think I even got it to hover :) , way up high but trying to keep it safe from my skills or should I say lack of skills :D .

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Inital flight attempts didn't work as well as planned, not sure if it is nose heavy (balances at the marks on the plans) or what the problem is. the FC did stabilize out after it was in the air for a few moments of me pulling hard back until it started climbing [auto launch just noses down into the dirt - it doesn't seem to pull the nose up enough ;(]. Need to play with the settings to figure out why it doesn't want to fly well... or launch in pass-through mode, get it up, then do an auto trim/auto config on the PID controller.

1618784483251.png

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Today is the big day the Edge will be getting its maiden flight, I am also taking my WOT trainer (electric - balsa version), the Bushwacker (with new beefy motor), the F22 Raptor and maybe the Tiny Cub. The weather is going to be hot and very little wind, so should be a good day I will try to get some video footage or at least some pictures.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Today is the big day the Edge will be getting its maiden flight, I am also taking my WOT trainer (electric - balsa version), the Bushwacker (with new beefy motor), the F22 Raptor and maybe the Tiny Cub. The weather is going to be hot and very little wind, so should be a good day I will try to get some video footage or at least some pictures.
Nice! Let me know how the edge goes, I've just started one and I'm curious about how it will fly.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Good luck!