What Did You Fly Today

OliverW

Legendary member
Logged 5 flights on the 40%, and 3 on the ars. Also burned through 6 packs on the tundra. Awesome day despite being windy. Practiced the sportsman sequence a little bit. The SFG's on the ars it makes it so much more stable. Love the way it handles with them
20210618_132038.jpg
20210618_134343.jpg

Wildthing

Legendary member
Got in a few flights today with the Maddness , Ercoupe and the Sab KR-84 which I hand launched for the first time and it lives to see another day. The OS 120 4S Surpass in the Ercoupe I had adjusted the valve lash and after doing so it felt like it had more compression. Before I couldn't get it to Idle , well with very little adjustments on the fuel mixtures it now idles , YAY :) . Now I have to beef up it's front suspension though, any little bump and the prop strikes the ground, running a 15" one on it even though on the blueprints states max 16" but it will be an easy fix, just putting in some stronger springs.

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
Fun Fly today at our club for father's day, happy father's day all you dads out there. :) . Truck is loaded, sun is shining and wind so far is under 20k so all looking good. No room left in my truck, loaded to the nuts with planes, lets see there is the Maddness, Ercoupe, Sab KR-84, PI SU-57, 2 combat planes and the goblin . :)

Scotto

Elite member
2021-06-19 22.19.58.jpg

Finally got around to trying my Sparrowhawk with a 12x6 prop and 2s 2200 battery. I like the sound and feel of it even better than the ft c pack. I need to get a couple bigger 2s batts now. Maybe a better motor than the cheap 3530-1100 too. Suggestions on a motor would be much appreciated.

View attachment 202145
Finally got around to trying my Sparrowhawk with a 12x6 prop and 2s 2200 battery. I like the sound and feel of it even better than the ft c pack. I need to get a couple bigger 2s batts now. Maybe a better motor than the cheap 3530-1100 too. Suggestions on a motor would be much appreciated.
Yea that's a pretty bird! Very cool. Video pls.

Wildthing

Legendary member
It was a fun day, cool but the wind did pick up in the afternoon making it a little more fun to fly but a great turnout and food was awesome. A few flights from today, no major mishaps and all came home in one piece. The worst damage was to my KR-84 , just barely into the second circuit and the magic smoke appeared so deadstick landing in the wind, all was pretty good except one pilot cage jumped out in front causing a little damage to a wing tip. Ercoupe had a spinner failure, things didn't sound right and I was bringing it in and then it did what ever and left me but it did end up stalling the stalling the engine so another deadstick. The Maddness lost it's exhaust pipe but kept on running just mint without it.

DazDaMan

Elite member
Haven't flown anything since the end of April, mainly due to the weather, and the last time I did that I ended up in a tree!

Well, I flew two of my little Eachine warbirds tonight - the Mustang and Trojan - and.... I ENDED UP IN THE TREE AGAIN!

Luckily I got the Trojan down with little bother, then went to fly the Mustang, but I'm seriously considering not flying in the field now!

Haven't flown anything since the end of April, mainly due to the weather, and the last time I did that I ended up in a tree!

Well, I flew two of my little Eachine warbirds tonight - the Mustang and Trojan - and.... I ENDED UP IN THE TREE AGAIN!

Luckily I got the Trojan down with little bother, then went to fly the Mustang, but I'm seriously considering not flying in the field now!
That does it. The tree's gotta go.

Don't cancel the field for its tree. Search inside your own heart and you'll realize the field with its tree is like a unique and precious snowflake, different than any other and perfect in its own special way, and you'll love it for what it is. CANCEL ALL CHAINSAWS.

snowflake.jpeg