What Did You Fly Today

Wildthing

Legendary member
Maidened version 2 and 3 of the Goblin, version 1 which is evil spirited I added more power power to it thinking it would have a spectacular crash and it did come close twice but all came home in one piece. Version 2 is better then 1 but 3 is definitely the best flier out of all of them. Version 3 will now get some more horse power :D . My camera is pointed in the right direction (most of the time) but when flying level it is like turning on a cloaking device and the plane disappears.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Goblin version 3
2021_0725_134723_001.JPG

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Not flown flown for over a month, I've been waiting for the new roof to be fitted on my house first and some decent weather too. Once the roof is replaced I can bring my planes back from there various safe storage areas and put them back in my attic. I am also looking forward to some dry, warm weather. Its been a heat wave here recently and too hot to stand around in a field flying. Prior to that is was constant rain showers on my days off so can't win.
They started stripping the roof Monday, new membrane and batons today, so weather permitting my new roof should be fitted and water tight by weekend.
Sunday could be flying day :unsure:(y)

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Not flown flown for over a month, I've been waiting for the new roof to be fitted on my house first and some decent weather too. Once the roof is replaced I can bring my planes back from there various safe storage areas and put them back in my attic. I am also looking forward to some dry, warm weather. Its been a heat wave here recently and too hot to stand around in a field flying. Prior to that is was constant rain showers on my days off so can't win.
They started stripping the roof Monday, new membrane and batons today, so weather permitting my new roof should be fitted and water tight by weekend.
Sunday could be flying day :unsure:(y)
Happy flying!! What type of roof are you having installed?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Happy flying!! What type of roof are you having installed?
Red tiles similar to the last ones that where on, the others where 80 years old and getting brittle plus they where cemented onto the batons with no membrane.
I am also replacing the old wooden soffits, facias and guttering too. Should look tidy when its finished and will stop my wife nagging about the state of the roof.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Got in a few flights today before the wind or heat got to nasty . Took about ac 1/3 off of the vertical on the Goblin just to see what would happen and it flew pretty well identical as before. This Goblin is just pure fun to fly. Slowly getting that Enya 60 4 stroke down to a decent idle, I have ran about a gallon of fuel through it and as it breaks in it keeps getting better. Set it to idle around 2400 and about 5 times I cut the throttle to 0 and it didn't stall once. :)

OliverW

Legendary member
Flew the cub, lost the slick. Was having an awesome time with it, and went vertical. Got the thing slow, pushed over the top and the fuse split behind the wing. Can't fault the design due to how much smoke oil went though it, and the fact that it had crashed before. It was an awesome plane and served me well. Maybe we'll be seeing a new slick soon🤔
20210730_161624.jpg
IMG_20210730_203056_483.jpg
IMG_20210730_203046_361.jpg