What Did You Fly Today

Byrdman

Storch on Floats! I have flown this one off the ground a few times to get everything sorted, CG, trim, etc. But today was the first time on the water. 2 flights successful!!
PXL_20211022_144038113.jpg
PXL_20211022_144441228.jpg

Last edited:

mastermalpass

Elite member
Last weekend I took the BipePipe with me to a place called 'Dead Woman's Ditch'. Winds were calm, but I kept the flight easy - there were quiet roads either side of me and so I had to keep an ear out for any passing cars so I could fly away from whichever road they were on to maintain the 30m distance (turns out, if you're a BMFA Member, the 50 metre distance rule drops to 30 metres).

Sometimes it's nice to fly low and slow, especially when you have small trees to weave between. But it's only so interesting for others to watch, so I cut the 8 minutes of footage down to 2. :)

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I was at Huck-O-Ween, did some FPV flying.
Started out with trying to maiden my 'foam board talon' which crashed a few times then got a flight in, but needed to hold up elevator hard the whole time, had to much nose damage at that point to try again, but did get some successful glide tests from moving the CG back.
Then did some weaving through the '3D hanging' board and signs with the 75% Goblin (which I think also has the CG to far forward).

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I bet it's fun to take out a whole truckload of cool planes! These days I'm a one-at-a-time sort of guy.
The most planes I've had in my car on a trip to the club is 8 planes. The last 2 trips I've had 7 models with me, as I was maidening a couple. I regularly take a minimum of 6 models I like a bit of variety when I fly and its a contingency plan, in case any crash or are damaged in transit.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Storch on Floats! I have flown this one off the ground a few times to get everything sorted, CG, trim, etc. But today was the first time on the water. 2 flights successful!! View attachment 210306 View attachment 210307
Kicking myself now, there are a load of spares and planes at the club at the moment, sadly one of the members passed away and his planes/gear is being sold off. I spotted a set of floats and was very tempted to put an offer in for them, but decided against it as I had a lot of expense last month and this month too :(

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
awesome day today! finally got my Bighorn programing figured out and flew using my own transmitter. turns out all those complex mixes work better when the tx has been updated. who knew...??? :sneaky:

this was not my first flight but this thing is amazing for the price and flight envelopes available. think it is about to become my new fav plane.

bighorn.jpg

bighorn2.jpg

did not fly this one, but instead helped. i have to say @Rasterize has outdone himself again using nothing but a FT EZ kit setup. amazing! can't wait to see version 2.

Stephen2.jpg

add to that the AZ heat seems to finally have broke and Fall is in season. i don't think it hit 90 degrees today. :love:

laters,

me :cool: