What Did You Fly Today

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
how is the revo? I have a buddy who might get one but he's not sure about the long term durability
It’s fantastic, it’s much more durable than the slash. The only upgrade I see as necessary is the aluminum chassis brace which is only $10ish. I broke several rear wing mounts before I got it, but none since. Other than that I’ve had pretty much no issues with it and I’ve bashed it HARD! I’m very impressed with it.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
i'm way behind. :sneaky:

had 4 maidens this weekend, all went perfect!

your friend and mine, @Rasterize surprised me with a complete A-6 in his new CAG skins. awesome work, flew right out of my hands. (y)

20211116_181849.jpg

next was the FMS Flash, supposed 112mph monster. happy to report, this time they ain't lying. this thing moves!!! only issue is hand blender at the back. :sneaky:

Jason4.jpg

we solved that problem for sunday... (y)

Jason05.jpg

next was the HK FW-190. i got this at club picnic last week for free so i figured i'd give it a shot. it flew, but not well. nasty tip stall which for a foamie i found odd, bad roll rate, and just all around dud. oh well, win some loose some. looks good in pics though.

planes3.jpg

final maiden was another members EFlite Draco. being a big fan of Mike and his skills, and having lusted over the original build of Draco, and then crying at its unfortunate short life, i'd been itching to fly one of these guys. don't have any pics yet but happy to report it was easy as pie, flew like a dream. not gonna do many aerobatics but it's not supposed to, it's all about the presence in the air with this guy. it is impressive.

Mic02.jpg

laters,

me :cool:

Last edited:

Byrdman

The past few weeks, I have dusted off the old Slow Stick, put new tail feathers on it, got the electronics working, and put on some floats.

Took off this morning, did a few circuits, and the motor shut down due to the esc overheating. A little more work and I'll be using it to teach one of my neighbors how to fly with it.
PXL_20211117_134844602.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The past few weeks, I have dusted off the old Slow Stick, put new tail feathers on it, got the electronics working, and put on some floats.

Took off this morning, did a few circuits, and the motor shut down due to the esc overheating. A little more work and I'll be using it to teach one of my neighbors how to fly with it.
View attachment 211864
You have to appreciate what an awesome plane the slow stick was to early electric and foam flying. That plane could do anything.

Byrdman

You have to appreciate what an awesome plane the slow stick was to early electric and foam flying. That plane could do anything.

I agree! There were a few aftermarket companies offering all kinds of modifications for it. I bought a few rebuild kits with all the little plastic pieces pieces that go on the 10mm CF Sq tube when it seemed like they were going to quit making it. This is my 2nd to last kit left.

Here is one I built years ago posted on RCG back in 2013 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1816694-Slow-Stick-Legacy#post23917236 This one had a KMf airfoil on it. I experimented with a few of those over the years
1637178286941.png

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I agree! There were a few aftermarket companies offering all kinds of modifications for it. I bought a few rebuild kits with all the little plastic pieces pieces that go on the 10mm CF Sq tube when it seemed like they were going to quit making it. This is my 2nd to last kit left.

Here is one I built years ago posted on RCG back in 2013 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1816694-Slow-Stick-Legacy#post23917236 This one had a KMf airfoil on it. I experimented with a few of those over the years
View attachment 211886
Awesome, when nobody’s at the field I like to take mine and fly around the obstacles behind the flight line. :LOL:

Byrdman

Awesome, when nobody’s at the field I like to take mine and fly around the obstacles behind the flight line. :LOL:

Back when that one was alive, I had the red and a buddy had a yellow one. We would semi-pylon race around 2 palm trees until one of them ate my plane. I say semi-pylon race because neither one of us was anywhere good enough to be doing that:)

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
I was gonna get the potentiometer version from HK for 120$ but they stopped selling it. Now I’m going for the jumper t18 pro v2 for 155$ @RDQ during Black Friday sale. Then slap a Happymodel elrs module in the back and good to go.

boogieloo

That is a nice built. Is that a DIY kit? German made? Wow. How big is it? And it is made of foam board. Very neat and nicely made. Mines almost ready to fly. The receivers has lights. I think I got maybe 2 flights or 3 to this model. About 3 minutes each. Coming along with the transmitter. Any time afternoon now. It's hard to tell when, but it's going. I learned this technic from watching Walter and William Good's biography, the pioneers. I was thinking about their transmitter. It was built about the same way as the modern ones. Just a tad different on the modern Futaba, or Spektrum.

I think the Futaba has a automatic fuel air mixture. So that you don't blow up the airplane in mid-flight. The gas engines also comes with transmitter settings. So learning the transmitters are a thing too.

Last edited:

Bo123

Elite member
And to whom would you be replying to?
That is a nice built. Is that a DIY kit? German made? Wow. How big is it? And it is made of foam board. Very neat and nicely made. Mines almost ready to fly. The receivers has lights. I think I got maybe 2 flights or 3 to this model. About 3 minutes each. Coming along with the transmitter. Any time afternoon now. It's hard to tell when, but it's going. I learned this technic from watching Walter and William Good's biography, the pioneers. I was thinking about their transmitter. It was built about the same way as the modern ones. Just a tad different on the modern Futaba, or Spektrum.

I think the Futaba has a automatic fuel air mixture. So that you don't blow up the airplane in mid-flight. The gas engines also comes with transmitter settings. So learning the transmitters are a thing too.

Byrdman

I’m happy to report that the umx turbo timber flies as well as it looks!
View attachment 211929 View attachment 211930

That looks great and it probably flies better than it looks! I would have one of those if I had a local flying field I cared for.

The one around here is not one I would probably not fit in with. I have visited 2x and both times the "loud-mouth" guy wanted to make political commentary about every subject brought up, and discuss conspiracy theories or money. Everyone else thought he was cute with all his jokes and banter. He also seems to be the guy that sells everyone their nitro/gas equipment, so when he saw me take out my 3-4 FT Scratch-Build's, he had plenty to say about that as well...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
That looks great and it probably flies better than it looks! I would have one of those if I had a local flying field I cared for.

The one around here is not one I would probably not fit in with. I have visited 2x and both times the "loud-mouth" guy wanted to make political commentary about every subject brought up, and discuss conspiracy theories or money. Everyone else thought he was cute with all his jokes and banter. He also seems to be the guy that sells everyone their nitro/gas equipment, so when he saw me take out my 3-4 FT Scratch-Build's, he had plenty to say about that as well...
Politicos seems to be something the old guys can never stay away from, I just try to ignore it the best I can. :LOL:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin

I hate that! I riled some people up on FB by suggesting that the AMA needs to figure out how to do something about these guys. They're running off potential AMA members. They're driving people out of the clubs. And to be blunt, THEY are the ones ruining the hobby.

Clubs need to start noticing that there's some people doing more harm than good. They'll kick someone out for being unsafe, they can kick someone out for driving off potential members.