What Did You Fly Today

Well, OK, not a scratch build or even a foam board, but…..

I sold a little sailboat that I hadn’t used in a year and used some of the proceeds to buy an Aeroscout from Hobbyzone. Considering all my flying so far has been with planes I built from Flitetest plans and kits, I thought it would be cool to see if my crashing was simply a matter of my poor skills or a combination of my poor skills and my poor building technique. :D

Had a great flight that included an intentional and successful landing.

luvmy40

Elite member
Got some quality time with my grandson. He went through a couple batteries with his FT Cargo EZ. Pretty windy, he had to keep it low, but it was a good evening!

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
happy to report that the Osprey flew perfectly. i was just stunned as everyone else all at the field this morning. i got it plugged in, did the calibration cycle. did a couple up and down cycles to confirm it was good, then set it out on the runway. did a quick hover test to confirm that it would in fact hover, then switched back to flight mode and did a normal take off. the plan was to trim, then land, then test again. the plane ended up being so stable i didn't add any trim if i recall. i did a few passes and all was solid so i decided to just go for it. took it up and flipped the switch. process took longer than i was thinking it would but pretty soon i was hovering in the air. i did a rudder right and started my down wind, made the turn and came if for an amazingly easy 3 point landing. can't say enough at this point about how easy it was. only complaint is that they said it used a 4S-2200 mha but that was not even close to balancing the plane. i borrowed a friends 4S-2600mah and then just stuck a 3S-1300 for dead weight. so, i need to find a better battery.

did not get any pics, sorry, but will take out on saturday and make sure to get some pics and video.

laters,

me :cool:

Well weather was above 0 and wind below 50 so let's take the Grumman F7F Tigercat out for it's maiden. The Tigercat flies :) . As a tail dragger there is no attempting to launch diagonally against the wind, soon as you start to move the wind turns it instantly so it did take a couple attempts to get it up because the wind kept turning me straight for clumps of snow. Finally I went totally diagonal to the runway, so a very short one now and up she went.

Well, I started off with my turbo timber. I love that thing. Then… thinking maybe I’d try to maiden my versa…. I augured it into the ground. Kicked off the battery and smooshed the pod some. Soooo tried a SE5 and after a few failed launches (didn’t put the propeller on tight enough), I also crashed the heck out of it (pulling to the left HARD - not sure why). So, I need to repair and then read/watch more tutorials. I can start a new thread elsewhere but any suggestions on VERY new pilots learning are very welcome. Can post carnage pics if anyone wants. 😈

luvmy40

Elite member
Well, I started off with my turbo timber. I love that thing. Then… thinking maybe I’d try to maiden my versa…. I augured it into the ground. Kicked off the battery and smooshed the pod some. Soooo tried a SE5 and after a few failed launches (didn’t put the propeller on tight enough), I also crashed the heck out of it (pulling to the left HARD - not sure why). So, I need to repair and then read/watch more tutorials. I can start a new thread elsewhere but any suggestions on VERY new pilots learning are very welcome. Can post carnage pics if anyone wants. 😈
Hello, my brother from another mother!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
My suggestion... Get your tx hooked up to a simulator..I would suggest Phoenix RC. And practice in the sim a bit.

My suggestion... Get your tx hooked up to a simulator..I would suggest Phoenix RC. And practice in the sim a bit.
Thanks for the sim rec. yeah, you’re probably right. I was pretty frustrated. Despite only having flown the timber a few times, I sort of assumed the versa would be ‘easy enough’. Whatever I did, def caused it to go into the ground nose first. The SE wouldn’t stop pulling left (hard). Not sure how to fix that tbh. I have a lot to learn… :/

Rhaps

Elite member
To be honest I took too many planes to the field today but I did fly them all.
1656711494957.png