What Did You Fly Today

Hoomi

Master member
I have one. I checked it a little bit ago, and it was reading about 11.4 VDC.

Yeah, wouldn't have wanted to push it much longer.

Wildthing

Legendary member

Try to check it right after the flight, when the batteries sit they will rejuvenate a bit and won't give you a true reading. But at 11.4 you are very close to empty anyways ;)

Wildthing

Legendary member

Also once you glide test it you will know what or how the plane will handle coming in dead stick. :)

Hoomi

Master member
The video of today's maiden of the rebuilt Fawkes (nee Sensei). I need to lower the rates on the ailerons. The original wing/ailerons had far less authority than the ailerons on the new wing. It took very little stick movement to throw her into a bank, as shown in the video.

Hoomi

Master member
Especially since I wasn't even sure it was going to fly, and if so, if the wings would hold up, or fold mid-flight!

Here's my other recorded flight today. No camera work done on either the Calypso or the Stinger, though.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I took the DLG Whipit out today and was having a blast slinging it above our little rise near the runway at our field. It was great; didn't take much, and even though I was doing some walking to retrieve it when it came down some distance away from where I wanted it to end up, I was thoroughly enjoying it!

Wildthing

Legendary member
Especially since I wasn't even sure it was going to fly, and if so, if the wings would hold up, or fold mid-flight!

Here's my other recorded flight today. No camera work done on either the Calypso or the Stinger, though.

Smooth landing :)

Vimana89

Legendary member
So far, I flew my prototype tailed Nutball. If the wind doesn't pick up I'll fly more stuff and make a compilation! Here's some good raw footage with great swoops and dives, a little high alpha, and just casual slow flying. Trying to fix time stamp on my camera, no success yet, still says 2018 and this was taken today. Hopefully weather stays good, so my Hobby Zone Champ, Fly Bear micro 2ch, and V-Sliver get a go.

Last edited:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
So far, I flew my prototype tailed Nutball. If the wind doesn't pick up I'll fly more stuff and make a compilation! Here's some good raw footage with great swoops and dives, a little high alpha, and just casual slow flying. Trying to fix time stamp on my camera, no success yet, still says 2018 and this was taken today. Hopefully weather stays good, so my Hobby Zone Chmap, Fly Bear micro 2ch, and V-Sliver get a go.
Nice flight! Your prototype is looking good! :)

Vimana89

Legendary member
Nice flight! Your prototype is looking good! :)
Thanks, dihedral is definitely too steep no matter how I adjust everything else, but that doesn't really make it fly bad, just funky if you aren't prepared. Other than that it is a really easy flyer, if things look bad, just pull up, and there isn't much that can't be recovered from in a snap. I will lessen the dihedral and make a couple other small changes to the design when I'm ready to rebuild.