What Did You Fly Today

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I've had about 15 flights with the TT Evo, now. Flys very well! Moderately fast on 3S (2200/4000). Slows to a crawl with full flaps. (I might need to change the full flaps voice callout to "Reverse"!) Flys on rails, and very predictable, so far. The landing gear appeared to be more than adequate, but the axles are soft, and the springs/limiters are easily tweaked. I plan to mod those for better durability, eventually.
Hope to have video soon. I usually fly alone.
View attachment 211299 View attachment 211300 View attachment 211301
Love it! I’d love to pick one up but like @mcmoyer I already have several bush planes, a timber x, tundra, freedom fox, carbon cub S2, and carbon-z cub.

Brian B

Elite member
Maiden flight for 60s F1 Lotus painted FTCruiser.
Screenshot_20211107-171240_Gallery.jpg
20211107_170303.jpg

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Sorry folks a bit of a delay I flew yesterday so it's a late update.
Took 6 models most where for test flights so I will give you a run down how it went.
1 Sea Otter with new landing gear, first plane up to fly. Set off down the runway and initially thought it wouldn't take off. But just before I got to the end of the runway up she went. She was climbing nicely till I realised it was full throttle and decided to reduce it. Big mistake the motor was obviously under powered an she hit the ground in seconds mostly nose damage easy repair. Positive was that she flew and quite well too, just needs minor repair and a more powerful motor.
2. FT Sportster not a lot to say except fantastic 2 flights from this plane, the first flight needed some trimming but after that she turned out the best plane of the day by far, a lovely sight in the air cruising around.
3. Spitfire, big let down the motor was dead 🤔 decided not to mess with it there at the field so packed it back in the car. I have since tested it again today and it worked fine, obviously a connection problem I need to sort glad I chose not to try and sort it and fly at the field.
4. Electra glider, basically it flew okay climb rates still a bit to steep needs a touch more down thrust in the motor and it should be fine next time.
5. Das Stick (Hanger version), flew fine no complaints although the landing gear mod hadn't worked the way I hoped and worked loose, so only two flights with it this time still great fun though.
Finally the FT Edge 540 with the control surface hinge updates. Biggest let down of the day along side the Spitfire. Last time out it took off like a STOL. This time I reached the end of the runway twice and there was no way it was going to airborne. Its suddenly lost power 🤔🤨😡🤬 not had time to inspect it yet. Got to be either motor or ESC related (pretty sure it's not a throttle related on the transmitter), either way its fixable. I have a spare motor and I am ordering a new ESC in case.
Other than that a great couple of hours fun 👍

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Today, it was the FT Limited Series F-16 and the FT Turbo Tutor (C pack):

IMG_4763.jpeg

I pulled out of a low split-S with the Tutor, misjudged, and "landed" flat. Broke the prop, popped off the front of the power pod - but the landing gear was completely unaffected. I have to say the Tutor has the toughest, tightest landing gear of any FT plane to-date.