what is the slowest plane on FT

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Even with the mods I did. it's still on the tail-heavy side but not bad I was able to fly it. but you might want to wait till wind is 20 mph lol. but it's still in one piece so that's a big plus.

All things considered, that was a really good flight! The landing was a real nail biter!

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Some still of the new "Herbie" look.
20191123_070532.jpg

20191123_070519.jpg

20191123_070500.jpg

keepitup

Frozen fingers....having flashbacks to my early RC life up near Rochester NY. I don't want to fly cold no more! Batteries in insulated lunch boxes with hand warmers so they don't freeze. Brrrrrrr. No thanks.
However the forecast now says a low of 51 tonight with a high of 83. That's more like it! Weather forecasters. Meh.
Wow. Going to maiden The Fish today. Despite it being -8 celsius and blowing about 10 mph. After watching the vids you fine folks have posted I can not help myself. The ol lady thinks I'm nuts but little does she know she will soon learn to fly if The Fish flies as well as I hope.

Javiester

Elite member
Wow. Going to maiden The Fish today. Despite it being -8 celsius and blowing about 10 mph. After watching the vids you fine folks have posted I can not help myself. The ol lady thinks I'm nuts but little does she know she will soon learn to fly if The Fish flies as well as I hope.

He is the one who taught me to fly and also I had no more to build because I had no accidents
in two or three weeks I will resume the tiny trainer and manage to fly it even if I don't stop flying it
before the TT would try the mini scout or the great scout it is very versatile, slow and fast according to your progress in learning

keepitup

watch this video. This is the Old Speedster ( not the mini) with a top wing added. I made the top wing 2 inches bigger all the way around and then just centered it one inch in front and one in behind the bottom wing. It is pretty much the same size as the fish, but I found it even easier to fly, Much more stable. this is the one I have flown the most out of any I've built.

That, sir is really sweet. Been reading this thread a little deeper and find myself doing about the same other than going through 2 AXN Floaters to start the fiasco that is my R/C career before finding FT. They have a lot of my money and deserve every cent, but I know how you were feeling pre beaut flying. What a marvelous flight. I'm going to try the 90 percent Fish with the F power pack next.

sundown57

Legendary member
Thank you much for that. I actually built a few of those large biplanes. They taught me a lot about both building and how to fly them.I also built a monoplane with an under cambered wing that was great for a beginner to fly. I have it listed in resources if you want to have a look at it. If you have any questions on either of them let me know, i'd be glad to help.

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/slow-flyer-for-small-area.77/

keepitup

Thank you much for that. I actually built a few of those large biplanes. They taught me a lot about both building and how to fly them.I also built a monoplane with an under cambered wing that was great for a beginner to fly. I have it listed in resources if you want to have a look at it. If you have any questions on either of them let me know, i'd be glad to help.

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/slow-flyer-for-small-area.77/
SO!. Now I don't know what the heck I want to build. I have 10 pieces of foamboard left and lots of choices for power. Would an F pack drive this at 100 percent?

sundown57

Legendary member
an F pack will pull the slow flyer around just fine. The big biplane needs a lot more. Also if you're like me and rationing foamboard the slow flyer can be made with a lot less. Just make sure you cut the wings in the right direction on the board so you can roll them. if you cut it the wrong way it will just kink. If my principal ever caught me on school grounds again I can guarantee he would give me detention again, just for old time's sake.

keepitup

an F pack will pull the slow flyer around just fine. The big biplane needs a lot more. Also if you're like me and rationing foamboard the slow flyer can be made with a lot less. Just make sure you cut the wings in the right direction on the board so you can roll them. if you cut it the wrong way it will just kink. If my principal ever caught me on school grounds again I can guarantee he would give me detention again, just for old time's sake.
Thanx a million for takin the time. I'm going to build the Fish. Or the Gargantuan. Uh, I'm twice the principals age so good luck to him, heh.

keepitup

If you do build the fish, leave the doors off the side of the fuse so the air can pass through. the Fuse is so big it makes the plane really hard to turn.
I already built the fish full size and got her about 60 feet up in an elm on the second flight . Took 2 days for the wind to shift and she came down in a storm in pieces. Shocked the battery still works. Think I'll build the Slow Flyer.

keepitup

I already built the fish full size and got her about 60 feet up in an elm on the second flight . Took 2 days for the wind to shift and she came down in a storm in pieces. Shocked the battery still works. Think I'll build the Slow Flyer.
I have everything from 450 to 2200 all 3s and I can go up to a B radial.

sundown57

Legendary member
reason I ask is after I posted those plans I found a better way to make the battery box instead of running the 2 vertical supports all the way to the bottom of the fuse you can cut them off flush with the lower tabs on the sides. then extend the tray for the battery. that way you can use a thicker battery and move it forward or back to get CG right. once you cut the paper plans Lay the battery on them and you will see what i mean. I would like to update the plans but they were hand-drawn and I have to draw them all over again plus go to the print shop/